Author Topic: SD2SNES boots to a purple screen  (Read 508 times)

Offline stealingfirst

• View Profile
SD2SNES boots to a purple screen
« on: October 14, 2018, 12:42 AM »
So this issue has been going on for a while and I have just managed to find time to get back to it. Essentially I can boot up and the logo at the top of the screen will be present, however the portion of the screen that should show the file structure is just purple with a bunch of @ symbols at the bottom and no controller inputs work. My snes2sd had worked fine initially but has had this screen for a while.

Picture of the problem:
https://i.imgur.com/2NEDZay.png

Things I have tried to rectify the problem:
- I have tried different firmwares with zero success (they all do the same thing).
- The firmware was installed on the SD card root in a folder called sd2snes.
- I have reformatted my SD card fully. The SD card is listed as compatible. Waiting on a new SD card to come in as an offshoot.
- I have ran the diagnostic tool and everything passes.
- I have tried a different power supply (unfortunately I don't have another SNES to try it on).
- Tried different controllers, both original hardware and third party, to no avail.
- Tried willing the problem away. Wasn't very effective.

The SD2SNES was purchased at Stone Age Gamer for what it's worth. Does anyone have any other ideas of how I could troubleshoot this?

Offline ReddestDream

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES boots to a purple screen
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 01:28 AM »
Have you tried another SNES and/or Super NT?

Does your SNES/Super NT run other carts?

Edit: Ah. I see. You don't have another to test on. But can you test other carts?

Sometimes it's the consoles themselves that go bad, not necessarily the flash cart.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 01:30 AM by ReddestDream »

Offline stealingfirst

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES boots to a purple screen
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 05:11 AM »
Guess I should have gone further with the other carts. Looks like they had weird graphics once I got out of the menus and into the game. Checked the board for corrosion/dust but all looks good. Looks like I'm getting a new used SNES. RIP gen 1 board.