Author Topic: Save States on Famiclone  (Read 2362 times)

Offline radel1996

• View Profile
Save States on Famiclone
« on: October 23, 2018, 09:21 PM »
I noticed that the Famicom and NES save states are working properly, but when I run on the famiclone (Pegasus, Dendy) This Save State does not work. Is this some security or just does not support these consoles?

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
Re: Save States on Famiclone
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 11:25 AM »
Those poorly made clones don't reproduce the work of the original console to full extent and that's why they don't support the save state feature.
A good quality cloned console would work well.

Offline radel1996

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 08:52 PM »
My Famiclone its a Micro Genius IQ-502, made in 90's its a one of the solids Famiclones whats made

Offline OmenBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 01:12 AM »
My Famiclone its a Micro Genius IQ-502, made in 90's its a one of the solids Famiclones whats made

Not solid enough I guess.
Ultra EverDrive 64 V3 - EverDrive N8 Famicom - Mega EverDrive X7 - SD2SNES Rev H

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 09:37 AM »
Save states will not work with most if not all clone consoles that are not 1:1 replicas with Ricoh CPU+PPU.
Moreover, save states will not work with some of the older most common official Famicom consoles from Japan which have Rev.E  CPU+PPU.
Most common American NES is newer Rev.G and Rev.H, also the AV Famicom is Rev.H, save state will work good on these.
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, N8 Pro, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline OmenBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 06:28 PM »
Save states will not work with most if not all clone consoles that are not 1:1 replicas with Ricoh CPU+PPU.
Moreover, save states will not work with some of the older most common official Famicom consoles from Japan which have Rev.E  CPU+PPU.
Most common American NES is newer Rev.G and Rev.H, also the AV Famicom is Rev.H, save state will work good on these.

Yup I can verify this, I have an older Famicom and it doesn't work perfectly with save states, in most cases the color pallet will go inverted when I load save states.
Ultra EverDrive 64 V3 - EverDrive N8 Famicom - Mega EverDrive X7 - SD2SNES Rev H

Offline tic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 11:47 PM »
I have recieved the 60 pin version. And in my old clone nevir master games nvr-vi.(umc chips). The save state function appears work very well.

What ic use the microgenius?.

The nevir really was planned to be 1:1 replica. They have inclusive copy the schematic to the the second pad microfone. (copy but not fitted  in the board).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 11:53 PM by tic »

Offline decommand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 08:18 PM »
some fc clone can not support save state