Author Topic: Micro SD card slot won’t push down?!  (Read 898 times)

Offline Zero1809

• View Profile
Micro SD card slot won’t push down?!
« on: December 06, 2018, 05:37 AM »
I have two problems on my back, for one my backlit premodded GBA (looks awesome with the somewhat matching cartridge and console and feels awesome and all but) has a problem, won’t read cartridges (I can take care of that one myself by either pushing the Cart slot reader in a little bit or replacing it) and for the other one, the micro sd card slot won’t push down!!! When I first got it, it fit the micro sd card in just fine though it was a little hard, now it’s friggin impossible?!? I tried pushing it down with other objects, I did everything I could, but to no avail. What should I do about this issue?! Risk breaking it open?! (UPDATE: Taking it apart wasn’t as risky as I thought, I’m not going to put it back together until I get the problem fixed) I NEED AN ANSWER NOW!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:58 AM by Zero1809 »

Offline Zero1809

• View Profile
Re: Micro SD card slot won’t push down?!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 09:03 AM »
This video could help? https://youtu.be/DXM6Q6nLWAo
I want someone to help me out, please. It is a desperate plea and I really want to be playing Castlevania on my GBA. If this doesn’t help, I’ll contact SAG for help, or contact the manufacturer as a last resort. Not gonna send it back (or maybe I have to as last resort), I know it can be fixed. I saw NOWHERE on here and NO ONE has heard of this issue!

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 03:01 PM »
Send it to us for repair.
Please contact us using the contact us form of the store.

Offline sTo0z

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 01:09 AM »
Just adding to this post... Just got a brand new GBA X5 in, back reports "Model 16, Rev. B 08.06.2017"

My SD card also will not lock down into place. :(

I will do as the above post suggests and reach out.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 02:23 AM »
Just adding to this post... Just got a brand new GBA X5 in, back reports "Model 16, Rev. B 08.06.2017"

My SD card also will not lock down into place. :(

I will do as the above post suggests and reach out.

I had the same issue with Model 16. Rev. B which was made near enough to my birth month. And there is a precaution you should take when returning it, and that is depending on whom makes them they can do a lot worse than better in some cases taking it apart and redoing it.

Take retrotowers for example who did mine and tightened the screw so much they cracked the inner plastic at the back, you are better off just getting a whole new build than a 2nd try in my opinion.