Author Topic: Firmware v1.9.0 released  (Read 12751 times)

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
Re: Firmware v1.9.0 released
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 07:53 AM »
Can I put the savestat add on and the SDD1 onto this?

I updated the firmware to 1.9.0 on one of my SD2SNES's and it disabled my leaked version of the SDD1 code as I can no longer player Street Fighter Alpha, so I'd say hold off for now at least until the next big ikari update where SDD1 support is finally added officially, however long that will be from now.

Well unless you have more than one SD2SNES as I do and can then have the latest firmware on one of the cart's SD cards and older firmware that allows you to play more things on the other.  :P

Or just 2 separate SD cards ... right !?!?!

Or admit that Street Fighter Alpha 2 on SNES ain't the pinnacle and you can wait to play that one game until the official S-DD1 support is out ....  I really don't get it with SF alpha 2 ... the SNES version is not exactly interesting, if you care about SF alpha 2 get it on a Saturn and be done (the 6 button controller is also much better to play it anyway).
Star Ocean can be played on the patched version so that one also can be waited on for official support, or 2 SD cards as I said above.

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 08:47 AM »
Quote from:
phoenixdownita[Or admit that Street Fighter Alpha 2 on SNES ain't the pinnacle and you can wait to play that one game until the official S-DD1 support is out

Never said it was the pinnacle so there's nothing to admit.

The reason I personally like it being available to play on SD2SNES is because its simply incredibly convenient to have almost all the best Street Fighter II games available on one retro console.

I'm sure others have their own reasons for wanting it playable on SD2SNES some reasons of which I've seen posted are people talking about it getting MSU-1 support added and hackers possibly fixing its momentary pause before matches, etc.

Now sure they could just "play the superior version of the game" on another console as you've railed on about pointlessly, but thats just not their fascination nor mine for why we are interested in this game on SD2SNES. 
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 09:32 AM »

You did suggest people to NOT update until S-DD1 is supported officially however long that would take.
That is not a good suggestion imho. The BS-X issues reported if widespread are a little more concerning (if one cares about BS-X).

Wrt the best way to play the best SF II games in one retro console, sorry but:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_Collection
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capcom_Generations#Capcom_Generations_5:_Street_Fighter_Collection_2
both on Saturn and awesome ... and I don't actually love Sega ... but still some of the best ports of Capcom fighting series were on Saturn (given the JP and US mk II controllers were also awesome for fighter games). The DC had incredible ports too but the default controller is just terrible .... when I play any of it I use a Sat2DC converter. In many years I have not taken a look at any of the 16bits ports .... I still get why one wants to play them though so don't get me wrong here.

I am not scoffing at the SF II production on SNES and all the awesome hacks that would come, just I disagree with the suggestion to NOT update, given also that going back just requires putting back the old files (or a second SD as already stated).

Obviously if anyone wants to absolutely play SF alpha 2 on SNES by any means stay on whatever makes it work!!!!

Other than that .... Hadouken! and hoping that Magnus gets to be satisfied with his S-DD1 core and allows Ikari to integrate it back as soon as possible. It is indeed a great time to have a SD2SNES ... SuperFX, SA-1, S-DD1 ... probably SPC7110 not too far off (just for completeness) ... it's all good.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2018, 08:03 PM »

You did suggest people to NOT update until S-DD1 is supported officially however long that would take.
That is not a good suggestion imho. The BS-X issues reported if widespread are a little more concerning (if one cares about BS-X).

Wrt the best way to play the best SF II games in one retro console, sorry but:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_Collection
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capcom_Generations#Capcom_Generations_5:_Street_Fighter_Collection_2
both on Saturn and awesome ... and I don't actually love Sega ... but still some of the best ports of Capcom fighting series were on Saturn (given the JP and US mk II controllers were also awesome for fighter games). The DC had incredible ports too but the default controller is just terrible .... when I play any of it I use a Sat2DC converter. In many years I have not taken a look at any of the 16bits ports .... I still get why one wants to play them though so don't get me wrong here.

I am not scoffing at the SF II production on SNES and all the awesome hacks that would come, just I disagree with the suggestion to NOT update, given also that going back just requires putting back the old files (or a second SD as already stated).

Obviously if anyone wants to absolutely play SF alpha 2 on SNES by any means stay on whatever makes it work!!!!

Other than that .... Hadouken! and hoping that Magnus gets to be satisfied with his S-DD1 core and allows Ikari to integrate it back as soon as possible. It is indeed a great time to have a SD2SNES ... SuperFX, SA-1, S-DD1 ... probably SPC7110 not too far off (just for completeness) ... it's all good.
HEY SNES OWNERS RTEADING SD2SNES TOPIC SNES ISNT GOOD WAY TO PLAY SF GAMES BUY A SATURN

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2018, 08:59 PM »

HEY SNES OWNERS RTEADING SD2SNES TOPIC SNES ISNT GOOD WAY TO PLAY SF GAMES BUY A SATURN

Never said that, just that it is not the best way to play them, you can do as you please obviously, you can stay on 1.8 + S-DD1 leaked patch or move to 1.9 official .... that's your choice.
protheanbeacon suggested to hold off on 1.9 because of SF2alpha (his opinion) and I happen to disagree because if you care about SF II games I think  (my opinion) that they can be played better elsewhere (not that the SNES versions themselves are bad) .... given with 2 SD cards you can have it both ways not sure what the big fuss is about.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2018, 09:11 PM »

Never said that, just that it is not the best way to play them, you can do as you please obviously, you can stay on 1.8 + S-DD1 leaked patch or move to 1.9 official .... that's your choice.
protheanbeacon suggested to hold off on 1.9 because of SF2alpha (his opinion) and I happen to disagree because if you care about SF II games I think  (my opinion) that they can be played better elsewhere (not that the SNES versions themselves are bad) .... given with 2 SD cards you can have it both ways not sure what the big fuss is about.
You could have at least suggested emulation instead of another console though; it's what most people seem to do. :P But yeah, I'm with protheanbeacon for now. Yeah, I could use a second card, but the beta I have is working fine, and I'm willing to wait a few months for the S-DD1 official release or until there is a tweaked version of magno's S-DD1 bit file that works with the new firmware (I imagine this is actually likely to show up first).

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2018, 10:28 PM »
Keep your bickering to the PMs, it's getting ridiclous.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 05:18 AM by the_randomizer »

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2018, 10:54 PM »
Just wanted to add to go along with Phoenix's "Saturn" recommendation post is that Street Fighter Alpha 2 is also available now in its original arcade superior form on all three current modern consoles of Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.  :P

There's also emulation as was already pointed out which would likely take the form of MAME or whatever other emulator you prefer or might know of that could run it.

I personally own the collection that its on for Switch but may get it for the other consoles as well beings I'm somewhat of a collector and unfortunately gaming seems to be headed down the horrible digital only road so I want to get the last bits of physical game media before they are quite possibly gone forever.  :'(

Yeah though again and for the final time I'm just fascinated with it being on SNES due to the convenience factor of so many great Street Fighter games being on the console along with the novelty factor of it being there and the neat factor that the ancient SNES hardware can even run the game at all. While not a perfect port by any means it is still highly playable if you can overlook the slight pause before matches and what I've heard about the audio apparently being inferior to the arcade version.

I'm not a hardcore audiophile so I seldom ever personally notice these things unless they are really bad.

Oh yeah and I appreciate the hardwork of ikari and little buddy magno and redguyyy so don't want to make it seem otherwise when I encouraged lovers of SFA2 not to update to 1.9.0.

Definitely update if you don't care about that particular game and need the latest update for whatever you're into or keep multiple SD cards for whatever firmwares you need as suggested by phoenix bro.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 10:58 PM by protheanbeacon »
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2018, 10:59 PM »
So I was able to start the BS-X Ancient Stone Tablets - Week 1 and it seemed to work fine.  The "Third Quest" version that I have of BS Zelda, though, stops being responsive when you hit select to go to the Continue/Save/Retry screen.  What are some other games that have been having issues?  I can certainly try a few of them out.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older! Now with a modern gaming section!

http://hardcoreretrogaming.boards.net/

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2018, 02:46 AM »
Thank you! Super FX and SA-1, the two most important of the missing co-processors, the SD2SNES has truly become worth the money! ;D
Now the only thing I'm missing are the SPC7110, S-DD1, data cart loading and the Sufami Turbo.

Did Ancient Stone Tablets work on previous versions?

unfortunately gaming seems to be headed down the horrible digital only road so I want to get the last bits of physical game media before they are quite possibly gone forever.  :'(
That's why we have flashcarts like the SD2SNES! ;)

Offline Sceptre_JLRB

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2018, 03:23 AM »
So I was able to start the BS-X Ancient Stone Tablets - Week 1 and it seemed to work fine.  The "Third Quest" version that I have of BS Zelda, though, stops being responsive when you hit select to go to the Continue/Save/Retry screen.  What are some other games that have been having issues?  I can certainly try a few of them out.

In my case, no BS-X game won't even load, popping up the Error 09 from the BS-X BIOS. :(

Offline linkboy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2018, 03:33 PM »
I'm having an issue with my SD2SNES where Super Mario Kart freezes at the Nintendo logo. I just updated it to 1.9.0

I thought it might have been an issue with my Super NT, but it freezes on my Super Famicom as well (which it never did before).

Pilotwings works, so I don't think it's an issue with DSP-1 games.

I've tried two different copies on the game as well and got the same result.

I was wondering if anyone has had any similar issues.

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2018, 06:29 PM »
I'm having an issue with my SD2SNES where Super Mario Kart freezes at the Nintendo logo. I just updated it to 1.9.0

I thought it might have been an issue with my Super NT, but it freezes on my Super Famicom as well (which it never did before).

Working fine here on my sd2snes with firmware 1.9

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2018, 09:33 PM »

Working fine here on my sd2snes with firmware 1.9

But with a Super NT?

Offline Terminator2k2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2018, 10:20 PM »

do you still have the dsp.bin files in your sd2snes folder?