Author Topic: “Setting Reset to Default” even after battery replacement  (Read 606 times)

Offline FarewellTransmission

• View Profile
I just bought a Super EverDrive from Stone Age Gamer Yesterday.

Whenever I turn power on and off I get the “Settings reset to default push any key to continue” message and it removes whatever game and save was in memory. It should not do this every time I power on correct?

I tried 2 different new 2032 batteries and reformatted the SD card and redownloaded OS.

Is there anything else I can try without having to send it back for repair?

EDIT: After looking at the back of where the battery holder attaches the solder points have no solder is visible. In pictures these areas appear populated. Perhaps a connection is not getting made that needs to happen at the front and back? I can add a dab of solder if that may help? Don’t want to void a warranty though...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 12:21 PM by FarewellTransmission »

Offline FeverDrive

• View Profile
Re: “Setting Reset to Default” even after battery replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 04:49 AM »
If I'm not mistaken that battery holder is a surface mount component so the leads don't go through the board just sit on the surface. I suggest you don't try any repairs if you aren't experienced in soldering electronics.
Try contacting Stone Age Gamer first for a replacement/repair.
And so I go fast.

Offline FarewellTransmission

• View Profile
Re: “Setting Reset to Default” even after battery replacement
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 12:16 PM »
I actually do quite a bit of solder work on music equipment but haven’t messed with anything in the game related realm. I was afraid it wasn’t making contact with all necessary points as most pictures of the board show those areas populated with visible Solder.

Anyways I solved the issue and feel a bit dumb! For whatever reason the unit was shipped with both terminals of the battery holder on the negative side. The prongs from the positive side were never bent up and over the battery to touch the positive side. After doing this the unit works perfectly!