Author Topic: SD2SNES, emulators and other possibilities  (Read 5727 times)

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Re: SD2SNES, emulators and other possibilities
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 11:57 PM »
GB and GBC? Theoratically possible. Get SGB2, and cut the plastic tabs out.

I think the Super Gameboy 2 isn't compatible with GBC games.

Early GBC games that had a grey plastic cart were backwards compatible with SGB.  Clear plastic GBC games were not backwards compatible.

After reading that. It's times like this that I was glad I decided to check which GBC games were only for GBC so this issue wouldn't arise and make a dedicated folder for those said clear plastic game variants so I would never run into this problem if I ever booted It up... shame it got me so carried away with the idea that I ended up doing the same thing for homebrew games which run or do not run on a Super Gameboy which made me loose interest and drop the idea then move onto converting SNES games into GBA games.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 02:05 AM »

I think old and outdated information kept me under the impression that it did support GBC games. That's a shame.

I wish people would just use official methods like the Gameboy player or the Gameboy interface homebrew method, instead of throwing impossible ideas around just because SA-1 and SuperFX were completed. Just because those were emulated, does not mean NES games are possible on it or whatever.
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2019, 03:33 AM »

I think old and outdated information kept me under the impression that it did support GBC games. That's a shame.

I wish people would just use official methods like the Gameboy player or the Gameboy interface homebrew method, instead of throwing impossible ideas around just because SA-1 and SuperFX were completed. Just because those were emulated, does not mean NES games are possible on it or whatever.

Well if anything made by Anthrox was proof enough it goes without saying NES games could have worked on a SNES... just look up the game "BurgerTime (A&S NES Hack)" for example and try it. Am not sure if it exists on later packs but as I run an older one it clearly exists in the Hacks folder of the Super Famicom/Super Nintendo pack dated back in the 2010's but it should exist in later sets too.

There was also games like Star Soldier and a few others too if I recall.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 07:22 PM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Online symbios24

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2020, 10:14 AM »
Hi, the Anthrox  NES Hacks to snes are working ok but the are only 30 games converted,are there instructions anywere to convert for example all the PAL or USa games ?

thanks

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2020, 06:03 PM »
The NES and SNES hardware are too different for any kind of automatic conversion. The SNES is similar but much more powerful than the NES so porting games are probably not a problem for a professional programmer. But you still needs to know how to program games for the SNES, and it's not a beginner job, and not something that can be taught in a simple tutorial.

Early GBC games that had a grey plastic cart were backwards compatible with SGB.  Clear plastic GBC games were not backwards compatible.
Wasn't that black carts though? DMG carts are (usually) grey, and GBC carts are black or clear depending on if they are DMG-compatible or not. And if they are DMG-compatible they usually also have some SGB enhancements, at least a custom SGB border.

Offline OmenBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2020, 06:56 PM »
To put it simply no. There was talk of people wanting the SD2SNES to emulate the super gameboy but I really doubt the fpga on board is capable of doing it.

Luckily you were wrong. ;)

Works on original SD2SNES aswell as Pro:
https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=9987.0
Ultra EverDrive 64 V3 - EverDrive N8 Famicom - Mega EverDrive X7 - SD2SNES Rev H