Author Topic: Zelda Ocarina of Time & MQ Gamecube to N64 Patches (no bug fixes)  (Read 52800 times)

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Re: Zelda Ocarina of Time & MQ Gamecube to N64 Patches (no bug fixes)
« Reply #150 on: September 09, 2019, 09:45 PM »
With some further research, PAL 1.1 has î and PAL GC has Á.  Also PAL 1.1 has a more angled ß whereas PAL GC has a straight up and down ß.  Other than that and the D-Pad icon, the two have the same character list.

@Aroenai it might be easier just to swap the two textures in your patch.  We'll need an updated VWF table too.  You and I both just used the PAL 1.1 text, which should not use Á since it didn't exist then.  EDIT: You should be able to ignore Debug - it must have been created before they swapped in Á.

In my patch, I'll just have to replace Á with î since î isn't there.  It looks like they never updated the VWF when they made the replacement so the spacing should be OK.  Ugh, I hate OoT - that's 8 patches to update and Aegh takes f..o..r..e..v..e..r.  I'll try to get these updated this week sometime.

EDIT: Only 4 to patch - yay!  Debug was created with î instead of Á!!

EDIT: No need for Aegh with no VWF changes, so my patches are updated right now!  See the main page for links.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 10:15 PM by ozidual »
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive64 3.0, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline Nemok

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 09, 2019, 11:25 PM »
That's it! The dialogs look perfectly restored in French at last.
I am so grateful, thank you Ozidual!

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2019, 12:20 AM »
That's it! The dialogs look perfectly restored in French at last.
I am so grateful, thank you Ozidual!

Nope - all the thanks goes to you! 

As far as I knew the patches were finished years ago.  Without your help, they would not have been complete.  That's why you're now in the credits on the main post :)  Thank you for helping to make the patches better!
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive64 3.0, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline Nemok

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2019, 10:04 AM »
I am honored. Your work also gave me some motivation to learn how to work on and how to translate N64 games.