Author Topic: WWF No mercy help  (Read 576 times)

Offline OptimusDiesel

• View Profile
WWF No mercy help
« on: March 26, 2020, 11:56 AM »
Hello Again Fourm

I want to play WWF No Mercy again but I dont want to put in all those hours again.  Trying to get all moves and characters.

I have Ever drive 2.5 Latest OS
So far these things have not worked. (Each time I make sure file names match rom) My rom version is WWF No Mercy (U) [!]

Downloading someone else save file in (.n64 format) save swapping and matching file name to rom no luck.
Running Project 64 v2.3 on pc. Enable cheats then make a save file. take the fla file it outputs (32kb)and then save swapping to flash 128kb
Trying to convert the pj file. says to big on save swap. file is about 900kb.
using tool64 to switch rom from z64 to v64.
Using any game shark codes

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:00 PM by OptimusDiesel »

Offline Chuckiepk

• View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: WWF No mercy help
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 09:07 PM »
I am not sure if this would work since I use an Everdrive 64 V3, but when you are running No Mercy in Project 64, try making sure that you enable the "unlock all" code and then try doing something that would make the game save itself (such as creating a wrestler or playing a match).  If in your previous attempts you only started the game and enabled the codes before getting the save file, you might not have given the game a chance to save the progress you made towards unlocking everything.

If that doesn't work, then you can always just use the Everdrive's built-in Gameshark code menu.

Offline OptimusDiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 07:15 AM »
Thanks for the response.

Yes I used unlocked all code then made 2 characters. PROJECT64 would then make a .fla save file. When I transferred It would just be empty on ED side. Same file reloaded into Project 64 everything would be there.

Also I've tried gameshark codes. not working.  However

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=8067.msg62235#msg62235

I might just need to try a different rom. Ill have to wait until I order a ever drive 2.5. Beacuse mines was loaned to me. and it was a 3.0
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:57 AM by OptimusDiesel »

Offline Chuckiepk

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 06:26 AM »
Yes, you would also need to make sure that you use the correct rom.  For WWF No Mercy, there were two separate North American versions released: version 1.0 and version 1.1.  Even though version 1.1 is newer and fixes a save glitch, I mainly work on projects involving version 1.0 because it is the version that most cheat codes you find online are made for.  So, if you are wanting to use cheat codes on the EverDrive, make sure that you are using version 1.0 (as well as the game's master code).  If you are wanting to import a save from Project 64 after save swapping it, make sure that the save file for the game version you played on Project 64 matches the game version that you are going to play on the EverDrive 64.

In addition, if you have not done it yet, try making sure that you have selected the save file to load on the EverDrive before you start the game the first time.

Offline alphadrum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 10:04 AM »
I wanted to use the 1.1 version but the GS codes didn't work. So I made a full unlocked save with GS codes in PJ64 with the 1.0 version, got the save and converted it to the right format. .sra? I can't remember. But 1.0 saves are interchangeable with 1.1 saves. That's how I got my 1.1 to have all the unlocks without having to play through the whole thing again. There is a tool somewhere around here that converts emulator saves to ED64 saves.

Offline supersign

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 12:35 PM »
I wanted to use the 1.1 version but the GS codes didn't work. So I made a full unlocked save with GS codes in PJ64 with the 1.0 version, got the save and converted it to the right format. .sra? I can't remember. But 1.0 saves are interchangeable with 1.1 saves. That's how I got my 1.1 to have all the unlocks without having to play through the whole thing again. There is a tool somewhere around here that converts emulator saves to ED64 saves.
See this thread.