Author Topic: Shiren 2 Translation  (Read 2523 times)

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Re: Shiren 2 Translation
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 06:40 PM »
This may not be a problem for others, but even with the save_db.txt that's recommended out there, Shiren constantly says corrupted Journal 1 and corrupted Journal 2.  I had to add the following line to my save_db.txt:

SI=3      (Fushigi no Dungeon - Furai no Shiren 2 - Oni Shuurai! Shiren Jou!)

Now it works just fine.  I'm adding this above too.  Shiren uses a controller pak as well, though it looks like it's just for transferring your save files between carts.

If you have a 64drive, that also does not have Shiren's save set properly.  When you choose the game, change it to 256K before Loading.

The translation is going well.  We should have a 1st draft of the text (not including text in textures) before the end of the year.  It's exciting to see the game come together so quickly!  The translator is doing an awesome job! 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 07:42 PM by ozidual »
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive64 3.0, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 07:39 PM »
Thanks for that, I've put it in the save_db.txt thread at https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6126.msg47751#msg47751

Good to hear that the translation is coming on well!

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2019, 10:54 PM »
Which save type is "3" and "256K" on the 64drive? I remember Shiren used to be incorrectly set to FLASH by the Everdrive 64 years ago, and all save types except SRAM and SRAM128 gave the corrupted journal error. I never knew which one was correct though, since both seemed to work.

Edit:
I guess it must be "SRAM" as it's 256kbit (32kByte) and SRAM128 is 1204kbit (128kByte).
Units like "kilobit" and "Megabit" are always causing me trouble.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 11:55 PM by nuu »

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2019, 03:00 AM »
@Kerr Avon: Wow!  That was fast - thanks for updating that Kerr Avon!

@nuu: Yep yep.  It's still set to FLASH on the ED64.  It's just None/Controller Pak on the 64Drive.  I let Marshallh know and got a response back that he's going to update the 64drive so it correctly chooses SRAM as well.

EDIT: By the way, here are the options available when using a Controller Pak. 

As you can see, it's pretty much just backing up save files.  SRAM holds 2 save files and the Controller Pak can hold 3.  The rest of the space in SRAM appears to be used by the Leaderboards.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 06:22 AM by ozidual »
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2019, 11:04 PM »
It only affects a few items, but when you have multiple items now, it adds an 's' onto the end of it (e.g. 1 Voucher vs 83 Vouchers).  On paper it's a simple hack, but it took a few days to get it right. 

Along the way, there was a fun error that caused a random person to walk onto the location name screen.  They would walk on, reach a certain part of the screen and turn around.  Then they would wait with you for the screen to go away (it never did). 

Normally this is just a black screen with white text and it's up for maybe 5-10 seconds before loading the game.

Other than that, I've done some work to make sure the 6-7 character name works in as many places as possible.  There are still 1 or 2 places that will need some interesting solutions.  I've expanded a bunch of window widths.  I did some work with adding back in the Debug Menu and getting text to work better.  Next up is some more work on the text spreadsheets to make the jumps better (e.g. jump to this text or that text).

The translator is doing some amazing work.  Every day the game looks better and better.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2019, 06:25 PM »
Thanks for the updates!