Author Topic: Broken Game Tyrian 2000...  (Read 389 times)

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
Broken Game Tyrian 2000...
« on: January 11, 2019, 01:34 AM »
I never really understood this but why does Tyrian 2000 not run on an X5 GBA Everdrive?

I have little to no issues with demo roms on the GBA so why does this one only show the Gameboy screen and hangs there. It's about as a bigger mystery as of why RAW PC Engine and Turbografx-16 games hang on the same screen too??

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
Re: Broken Game Tyrian 2000...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 06:34 PM »
Very buggy and crashy prototype ROM you have there. Seems to crash frequently in VBA as well. Not surprising it doesn't function properly on the X5. The crash has something to do with it trying to generate a save file.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
Re: Broken Game Tyrian 2000...
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 10:02 PM »
Very buggy and crashy prototype ROM you have there. Seems to crash frequently in VBA as well. Not surprising it doesn't function properly on the X5. The crash has something to do with it trying to generate a save file.

What is weird it runs flawlessly on the Super Card SD after the files Tyrian 2000.gba, Tyrian 2000.sav, Tyrian 2000.sci are made but PC Engine games only work on it while Turbografx-16 ones do not?

While on the X5 neither want to work, I know there has been a pack of roms for both PC Engine and TG-16 that have been merged to run on GBA but how do you decrypt it with PCE.TOY32?