Author Topic: What brand SD card to use with pro  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Azurellespeed

• View Profile
What brand SD card to use with pro
« on: April 30, 2019, 09:07 PM »
I’m new to flashcarts in general and I want to purchase a good card without breaking the bank.  What DD card do you recommend.  Right now it’s between SanDisk and Samsung but if there are others I’d love to hear suggestions.

Just so you know I plan I’m running randomized seeds for a Link to the Past and maybe SMRPG if I ever get around to it, as long as putting most of the library on to it.

Thank you in advance.

Also would 128gb suffice or should I go larger?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 11:41 PM by Azurellespeed »

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
Re: What brand SD card to use with pro
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 05:03 AM »
I’m new to flashcarts in general and I want to purchase a good card without breaking the bank.  What DD card do you recommend.  Right now it’s between SanDisk and Samsung but if there are others I’d love to hear suggestions.

Just so you know I plan I’m running randomized seeds for a Link to the Past and maybe SMRPG if I ever get around to it, as long as putting most of the library on to it.

Thank you in advance.

Also would 128gb suffice or should I go larger?

If you go 64 GB or above, you absolutely must format it as FAT32. Otherwise the cart won't read it at all, but for brands, get them from Amazon or other trusted source, Kingston or Sandisk are good.

Offline teamvb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 05:12 AM »
Get a fast card (fast access time)and be careful of fake card out there (Samsung or SanDisk is the two brand I use),128gb plus if you want all the msu1 hack and video,my 128gb is 80% or 70% full
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 05:15 AM by teamvb »
EVERDRIVE 64v3,SUPERDRIVE v2, SD2SNES rev F (mod to H),UFO PRO SD,GAME DOCTOR 7 128MB USB,TURBO EVERDRIVE v1,MEGA EVERDRIVE V2,EVERDRIVE MD V1,MASTER EVERDRIVE,FLASHKIT MD,EVERDRIVE N8/FAMICOM,EVERDRIVE GBA X5

Offline TheShadowRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 09:30 PM »
(genuine) Toshiba > *