Author Topic: Mario Adventure - N8  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Fast_Eddie10

• View Profile
Mario Adventure - N8
« on: January 16, 2019, 04:27 PM »
Hello Everyone; I have searched high and low, performed multiple patches, tried multiple combinations and still have issues with running Mario Adventure on my EverDrive N8. Every time it displays the same glitched screens. The "fixes" that are out there have links that are out dated (i.e. skinnyv).

Any help is appreciated!

Offline greeneyedmonsta

• View Profile
Re: Mario Adventure - N8
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 02:11 AM »
i also just got an n8, i was really looking forward to playing this but after i apply the patch i just get a glitchy screen, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline AkashicRecord

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 01:20 AM »
This hack works on my Everdrive N8 with the v20-RC7 OS.  It did not work with v16, and the SRAM file was not necessary.

(I'd like to add that the "Metroid : Rogue Dawn" hack* also works on this configuration, but only the two "alternate" patches worked for Metroid.  This hack is essentially better than 90% of commercial NES games...)

Offline AkashicRecord

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 02:23 AM »
I'd like to add that this working configuration for Mario Adventure has a v5 BIOS, but a rather cheap Sandisk SD card...

I have two other SD cards that I can test with, if anyone desires.  I'm using an original, unmodified NES front-loader.)

Offline SkinnyV

• View Profile
    • dbwbp.com
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 08:41 AM »
Hello Everyone; I have searched high and low, performed multiple patches, tried multiple combinations and still have issues with running Mario Adventure on my EverDrive N8. Every time it displays the same glitched screens. The "fixes" that are out there have links that are out dated (i.e. skinnyv).

Any help is appreciated!

I have just tried the link and it work just fine for me.

Offline Rockman55

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 10:01 PM »
Mario adventure is one of the hacks that made me want to get an everdrive. I’ve tried every patch combination with multiple different Rom versions and cannot get a non glitchy copy to work. Anyone have a direct link? I’m using OS16

Offline AkashicRecord

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 03:19 AM »
Works here with v20-RC7 but on first load might occasionally glitch; resetting and simply pressing start (instead of the whole "select + start" menu option again) seems to do the trick.  (I'm running it right now as I post, and it exhibited this exact behavior across multiple tests.)

...I can recommend much better hacks than this one, BTW...