Author Topic: Do NTSC-U roms work in the Famicom Everdrive N8, on an Japanese Famicom?  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Ghost of Tom Jones

• View Profile
I was gifted a Famicom for my birthday and I've been eyeing the stubby Everdrive N8 for the Famicom. I need to know if it would play North American roms on the Famicom since I'm not really interested in using an adapter.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
Yes it will work just fine with ntsc roms from USA or Japan. You will encounter incompatibility issues with some pal games on an ntsc console but i gather you already know that.

Offline J-E

• View Profile
You will encounter incompatibility issues with some pal games on an ntsc console but i gather you already know that.

that's why I can't play Astérix (notice the very french é  ;D) on my twin famicom?

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
if the asterix rom is pal then thats most likely why it will not work. i have not tried that game on my av famicom since i always play pal games on my pal console.

Offline J-E

• View Profile
yes asterix is PAL and as far as I know, only in pal

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
if there are other pal only title you wanted to play it's probably worth picking up a cheap pal console. you used to be able to find some real bargains for old nes systems but since the retro gaming thing has gone so big maybe these systems are going to be overpriced.
 i payed more than the average dirt cheap prices a few years back when i got my pal nes. it was a good condition boxed super mario bros 3 edition and i payed £40 for it. trouble is since the retro console price hiking has been going on £40 is about average for a unboxed system, boxed systems are more likely to cost £100 or more, it's a joke :(

Offline polyh3dron

• View Profile
Yup, I have a NESRGB modded AV Famicom with the Famicom Everdrive N8 and I play mostly North American NTSC titles on it.

Offline Ghost of Tom Jones

• View Profile
oh, dang I forgot I posted this. That's great news, I'm definitely going to order one, then. Thanks for your responses.