Author Topic: Differences between Everdrive N8 and Everdrive N8 china edition ?  (Read 23119 times)

Offline lbarasc

• View Profile
Hi, I find some exotic Everdrive N8 flashcarts on the net/

On chinese sites you can find Everdrive N8 "china edition".

What are the differences between "classic" everdrive n8 and china edition ? only the name and the label ?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Differences between Everdrive N8 and Everdrive N8 china edition ?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:18 AM »
1)assembled in China
2)warranty service only from chinese seller

Offline Troyus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 11:53 AM »
1)assembled in China
2)warranty service only from chinese seller

And menu in chinese?
Prob good idea to lisence it to them else they'd rip it off anyway.
Flash carts: game gear ED, megadrive ED, SNES ED, nintendo64 ED, N8 ED, GB ED, GBA ED, PSIO

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 12:26 PM »
Licensing doesn't mean it's protected against piracy. We've seen what they did with ED64plus.

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 04:14 PM »
I like to think of it this way: When you pay money to chinese knock-off versions krikzz doesn't get paid for that.  If krikzz makes no money at all from this stuff, what's his incentive to keep making new products and updating the software?  Supporting knock off companies is a quick way to bury updates and new / better products.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:16 PM by Drakon »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 09:13 PM »
Actually it is not a clone. I have a deal with guy from China, he bought chips with preinstalled firmware from me, i provide all information and pcb sources. He use my chips to assemble the carts and sell carts in china. His page http://junfangames.taobao.com. But there also another guy who really  stole technology and sell the carts without any deals with me, but he sell only old version of EDMD v2.3 and ED64 V1 aka ED64 Plus

Offline subord99

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 05:57 AM »
May I know whether the legit china edition can be updated to os v11 , my chinese friend blame me for giving him this os update ,seems like it go into black or grey screen after the os update, he though the os damage his cart, but after he downgrade back to v9.1 everything seems OK again.

Offline sleepy-m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 09:39 AM »
May I know whether the legit china edition can be updated to os v11 , my chinese friend blame me for giving him this os update ,seems like it go into black or grey screen after the os update, he though the os damage his cart, but after he downgrade back to v9.1 everything seems OK again.

The cart your friend got is most likely a bootleg Everdrive-N8 and won't take any updates.
Same thing happened to me, I bought a fake cart from China cause I thought it was a genuine official product, it looked "genuine".
Once I tried updating to OS v11 many games stopped working, there's no fix and it's doubtful the person who sold you the cart is developing or making any updates from their own.

Buy a genuine cart instead from an official seller, it's worth it.

Offline subord99

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 10:30 AM »

The cart your friend got is most likely a bootleg Everdrive-N8 and won't take any updates.
Same thing happened to me, I bought a fake cart from China cause I thought it was a genuine official product, it looked "genuine".
Once I tried updating to OS v11 many games stopped working, there's no fix and it's doubtful the person who sold you the cart is developing or making any updates from their own.

Nope, I  it is a china edition genuine cart bought from junfangames.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 06:16 PM »

Compare it to the pics in THIS THREAD. It sounds, though, that with games not working with the v11 update that it may be a clone.

Offline sleepy-m

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 06:25 PM »

Nope, I  it is a china edition genuine cart bought from junfangames.

Read Krikzz 1st response above and here:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1674.0

The official chinese version is only supported by the chinese distributor.
Unfortunately a majority of chinese products provide no customer support at all,
or provide a link to someone else's similar (but not same) product.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:28 PM by sleepy-m »

Offline subord99

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 08:33 AM »

[/quote]
The official chinese version is only supported by the chinese distributor.
Unfortunately a majority of chinese products provide no customer support at all,
or provide a link to someone else's similar (but not same) product.
[/quote]

Yes, the official Chinese Everdrive website stop their update since v9.1 , and I think the os update here are supposed to be the same as china edition . But strange enough they can't get proper update through this website.

Offline phr3ak

• View Profile
I bougth everdrive from authorized seller from germany. Can you please answer my question in the feature requests topic? http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3742.0