Author Topic: SD2SNES Pro  (Read 23514 times)

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES Pro
« Reply #225 on: March 08, 2019, 06:16 PM »
CX4:Working (Mega man x2-x3)-DSP 1-1B-2-3-4:Working (Super Mario Kart-Top Gear 3000-Pilotwings)-Obc-1:Working (Metal Combat)-Sa-1:Working (Kirby Super Star-Super Mario Rpg-Kirby's Dreamland-Pga Tour Golf 96)-Gsu:Working (Starfox 1-2-Doom-Super Mario World 2-Stunt Race Fx)
So its just s-dd1,and those bugs will be fixed,i'm sure of it, give ikari some time guys,in the meantime i play those on MISTer fpga,does someone have this here?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 06:23 PM by fille1976 »

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 08, 2019, 07:35 PM »
yep,s-dd1 and st-010,but that will be fixed,i saw in the menu that my cic state is normal or none while with sd2snes it was super cic enhanced as my snes is super cic and igr modded with a board from videogameperfection.
So a few issues,not the end of the world.

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2019, 12:56 PM »
waiting 6 months to have an update on the pro , he could test it before selling the pro  :-\

Ok,thats maybe true,but hey,he will fix this,its not the end of the world phalanx67.
Those guys have also a life out of this sd2snes project.
We have to learn that,imagine we don't have those flashcards,we all putting much more money out of our pocket to play all the games.
I understand your point,but it is what it is.

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2019, 10:06 PM »
It will be fixed, though. There's always emulators in the meantime until it is fixed, if you want to play something badly enough.

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2019, 11:09 PM »
It will be fixed, though. There's always emulators in the meantime until it is fixed, if you want to play something badly enough.

I barely touch my snes anymore since i own a MISTer.

Offline SFamicom

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 12, 2019, 01:53 AM »
Hi. I have an SD2Snes Revision J.
Since the first revision of SD2Snes went on sale, there has not been the perfect version of the original SDSnes until revision J. has come out.

This revision J is perfect and definite of original SD2Snes because the sound amplifier is perfectly implemented with the ferrite filter to eliminate a very small sharp digital noise. SD2Snes revision J is the definitive SD2Snes. Everything plays well and the MSU1 sound is a crystal clear and clean wonder with great correct trim volume.

I bought this a few months ago. But then I saw that SD2Snes PRO is already available. And I want to know if it deserves to upgrade to the PRO version. A person is interested in buying the SD2Snes revision J for more than 100USD. I would pay the difference for the PRO version, but I have important questions before doing this.

1. Does SD2Snes PRO have the same sound quality as SD2Snes J revision? SDSnes PRO has the sound amplifier with the important ferrite filter to avoid digital high pitch noise like SD2Snes revision J does?

2. I read about an early revision of the PCB of the SD2Snes PRO because it does not fit in the case of the Super Nintendo cartridges of North America and the custom transparent colors. What is the impact of the PCB size reduction of the SD2Snes PRO in the next revision soon? Any change of hardware components? Better in general?

For me it is important to know all this before updating to SD2Snes PRO. I understand that SD2Snes PRO is a revision of the SD2SNES revision J and that it should have all the detailed improvements of this, but SD2Snes PRO is a totally new and different PCB. It is a new PCB design and I need to know that all the good that SD2Snes revision J has, even the smallest detail, will be in SD2Snes PRO.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 01:59 AM by SFamicom »

Offline RoberMC

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2019, 09:59 PM »
waiting 6 months to have an update on the pro , he could test it before selling the pro  :-\

Ok,thats maybe true,but hey,he will fix this,its not the end of the world phalanx67.
We have to learn that,imagine we don't have those flashcards,we all putting much more money out of our pocket to play all the games.

If you would have bought a new, top of the line, 75" TV set with the very latest features at a premium price, and when you install it at home you realise the Timeshift/recording function is not working despite such functionality is advertised at the retailer, at the official web page of the manufacturer, and that functionality seems to be working fine in the inferior product range...

What would you think if you go to the support channel, ask for a prompt fix (instead of instantly asking the money back), you receive no official answer and people around start saying nonsenses like?:

-"its not the end of the world"
-"Those guys have also a life out of their home electronics business"
-"imagine we don't have those TV sets with recording capabilities, we would be all day spending money in blu-rays"
-"it is what it is"
-"There's always your kitchen TV in the meantime until it is fixed, if you want to record something badly enough"

This is a business, this guys make this product to earn money with it, they sell it all over the world earning a profit, just like any other business or company. So, all of you, as customers, should demand that every single one of the capabilities advertised when you bought the product to be perfectly working!. Well but nobody is perfect and sometimes sh*t happens, but at least demmanding an official answer or an ETA is a customer's right.

Seriously, i do not know if feel more embarased by the lack of official support, or by some customers comments.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2019, 02:08 PM »
It's new hardware. Third parties make or made much of the 'software'. SA1 was definitely 3rd party driver... THat was designed for the previous chip. Ikari did not make the plugin. It's unlikely those who developed the plugin had a copy of the Pro to 'update' it (to insure compatiblity). It will take the 3rd party who made the original plugin to update it to be compatible with the new board (they after all probably have the source, if the source is available then other groups could work to patch the SA1 plugin).

Most of the stuff works on the new hardware, with the original driver set. Not sure if the ST010 was one of the third party drivers or one that developer worked on. It only applies to one game. Most of the others work.

It's very hard to 'test' for every single game and problem. New drivers come out to tweak and fix individual game issues, when they are discovered. There are just too many games.

It's surprising how well it works out of the box. At least it can be fixed.

This is more akin to Apple or Microsoft microsoft making new software changes to operating system due changes in the hardware... Those changes in hardware and OS software can make 3rd party software incomaptible. So it takes time for OS companies to patch, or the 3rd parties to come up with new software to work on the new hardware/OS combos.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:12 PM by Galron »

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 17, 2019, 03:27 PM »

If you would have bought a new, top of the line, 75" TV set with the very latest features at a premium price, and when you install it at home you realise the Timeshift/recording function is not working despite such functionality is advertised at the retailer, at the official web page of the manufacturer, and that functionality seems to be working fine in the inferior product range...

What would you think if you go to the support channel, ask for a prompt fix (instead of instantly asking the money back), you receive no official answer and people around start saying nonsenses like?:

-"its not the end of the world"
-"Those guys have also a life out of their home electronics business"
-"imagine we don't have those TV sets with recording capabilities, we would be all day spending money in blu-rays"
-"it is what it is"
-"There's always your kitchen TV in the meantime until it is fixed, if you want to record something badly enough"

This is a business, this guys make this product to earn money with it, they sell it all over the world earning a profit, just like any other business or company. So, all of you, as customers, should demand that every single one of the capabilities advertised when you bought the product to be perfectly working!. Well but nobody is perfect and sometimes sh*t happens, but at least demmanding an official answer or an ETA is a customer's right.

Seriously, i do not know if feel more embarased by the lack of official support, or by some customers comments.

And what is akari supposed todo????????
Stop with his life from now on cause some games doesn't work,really?REALLY?
He got in contact with me,he said he will fix those problems.
You people see a problem,and the the worlds ends,thinking he will not fix it,c'mon man.
Even microsoft got a problem with their xbox 360 hardware,and even that big company got not a fix in 24h for it.
There will be a fix for the problems with the sd2snes pro,but give the man time to see where the problem is and solve the problem.
You can play more then 1000 games on it without a problem,have a little bit patience and you will play all of them,except those 5 games that are not supported.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2019, 12:16 AM »
Ikari and the 3rd parties works faster on this than Analogue does with their products. THere are still bugs to iron out on the Super NT, and they have moved onto the Mega SG....

Offline rogerTrutman4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2019, 06:41 PM »
@ Galron : " bugs " ??
really ... ? I don't see those bugs and with Firmware 4.7, the super NT is very stable.. .....
Maybe Analogue  isn't the best company in the world (none is good actually....) but Analogue delivers a working / nice  solution for TRUE (= HONEST..) retrogamers !
All the other "solutions" are simply.. sh** ! POINT. (Retron 5,etc.)

You won't fool me with the SD2SNES original or Pro.. those are PIRATED solution.
We all charge those flashcard with as many as roms possible.... because.. why not ??

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2019, 06:51 PM »
Ikari and the 3rd parties works faster on this than Analogue does with their products. THere are still bugs to iron out on the Super NT, and they have moved onto the Mega SG....

If thats the case its because as far as I know ikari's SD2SNES is open source meaning anyone with programming skills can work on it if so desired ie redguyyy and magno implementing special chips for example.

Whereas with Analogue as far as I know about that its a closed source project that basically only has kevtris doing the majority of the coding/programming work whereas any other programmers just do minor things like create the console's menu layout or musical starting jingle or whatever.

So with that understanding its clear why SD2SNES gets updated faster ie there's more talented people working on it at their own pace whereas Super NT and those other Analogue consoles basically only have kevtris doing the lion's share of the work involved in making and upkeeping them with firmware updates.

Kevtris has admirably been very quick about fixing critical bugs in the Super NT as he quickly released new firmware when someone reported the Mega Man X game's color palette was wrong and another time when people reported Mortal Kombat II's graphics were glitching out.

Really the only thing I think he has left to fix that he wants to fix with Super NT at some point is to make it automatically play PAL games instead of the user having to manually switch the console to PAL mode.
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 21, 2019, 07:56 PM »
Super NT does have issues that haven’t been fixed yet. They have moved into working on firmware for the Mega SG at the moment and it may be a while before they get back to fixing any lingering issues on Super NT.

One example is Chrono Trigger has some sound effects that play improperly.

https://github.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/Super-NT-Jailbreak/issues

The jailbreak is apparently made by the guy who does the firmware itself, and he is working on the Mega SG at the moment. The issues happen on non jailbroken as well.

Note the issues will even affect real carts, roms in an SD card (jailbroken), and SD2SNES being used on the Super NT. It’s not a knock on the Super NT it simply still has a few issues that need to be fixed.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:06 PM by Galron »

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2019, 12:21 AM »
Quote from: RoberMC

Everything you said in your post would absolutely apply if the SD2SNES were being made by a large gaming corporation like Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo but since its a hobbyist project made by just one guy we basically have to take it or leave it.

Caveat Emptor- let the buyer beware.

If you're not satisfied by a product be it made by a hobbyist or a large corporation the best thing you can do is vote with your wallet by not buying said product or products until they get up to snuff to your personal standards.

I feel the SD2SNES Pro is worth the value despite it's initial problems but perhaps you don't and thats ok.

You can always send the Pro back assuming you've ordered one and get a refund and then decide to rebuy it or not once (if ever) ikari/krikzz/redguyyy/magno or someone else fixes it's minor issues.
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.