Author Topic: 40 Winks Rom?  (Read 8631 times)

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Re: 40 Winks Rom?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2019, 01:17 PM »
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-29373.html

It’s Belarus sorry about the spelling mistake earlier.

Offline Silentone2k94

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 12:13 PM »
Any update on a Rom for the 40 Winks N64 full release?

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 04:51 PM »
Don't think so, but seems most of the releases from that company are very hard to find dumps for. Only a few are offered on Steam, legal means.

Offline n64hack

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 09:52 PM »
Buy the game from the developer. Its posts like this that make us developers not want to release translations or games in general.

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 12:39 AM »
Are we showing up in Google results now or something? What's with the two 1 post users? :P
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline n64hack

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 01:23 AM »
Funny you ask...... I searched 40 winks and it lead me to this post. Made an account just to post lol.

Just sick of people bitching about their entitlement to free roms. I bought the 40 winks cart from piko legitimately.

It's like 50 bucks people. Its not going to break your bank account.

Offline Silentone2k94

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 05:36 AM »
Not everyone lives in the states.. $50 ends up being about $70.
If I could pay a small fee for just the Rom and not the full cartridge and box etc.. Id be happy to. I just don't want to have to pay an excessive amount for a game that was released almost 20 years ago.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 05:50 AM »
Oh, that's easy.  The prototype rom that was released back then is still very easy to find on the web.  I don't think that's what you're looking for or talking about.

As for the ROM/cheaper option: Who knows - Piko may offer a cheaper option later on, but this game was just released a few months ago.  As others have said, the reason 40 Winks ROMs aren't easy to find is that the game is still available for sale from a smallish company that put a lot of money down to release it.  They have 2 more games that were never officially released but do have prototypes on the web.  Personally, I'd like to see Piko release those as well.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive64 3.0, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline Silentone2k94

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2019, 06:07 AM »
I saw that for $8 you can purchase the steam version of 40 Winks from the Kickstarter but im not sure if that would include a rom😅
i also heard the Steam version they released had a TON of issues..
Either way I privately messaged the creator of the Kickstarter to see if I can purchase a straight up Rom off him 😊

Whats the difference between the Prototype that was released and this new 40 Winks?
is the Prototype still the full/complete game?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 06:22 AM by Silentone2k94 »

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2019, 04:13 PM »
The prototype is PAL and is the full game.  The build date for the prototype is earlier than the build date for Piko's PAL release, so Piko's PAL version should be closer to the final product that was planned to be released.  I don't know the differences between them though beyond the languages.  The prototype has English, Italian, and Spanish.  The Piko one has English, French, and Spanish.  Piko released an NTSC version as well, and there has never been an NTSC prototype released.

The steam game is based on the PS1 rom.  The playstation version of the game was released years ago.  You can find copies of it on eBay.  It does not allow you to play 2 player like the N64 version, and some of the cheats are different, but there are a lot more language options available.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive64 3.0, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline Silentone2k94

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 05:25 PM »
Ah, i may just stick with the Prototype then if its the full game..
I've been giving it a go and the only big downside is audio issues, seems to be really low volume
been trying to fix it up in Retroarch but i can't seem to.

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2019, 11:55 PM »
Ah, i may just stick with the Prototype then if its the full game..
I've been giving it a go and the only big downside is audio issues, seems to be really low volume
been trying to fix it up in Retroarch but i can't seem to.

Hi, I don’t know exactly anymore, but look in the Options. I have the Prototype on Cartridge, and you have to set the volume manually higher. I think the volume is set to the lowest.

Greetings
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H

Offline Silentone2k94

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2019, 03:34 AM »
Thank you! That helped alot, it was set to about half way. I set it to Max and the music is still unhearable but the SFX are really loud now.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2019, 12:19 AM »
I mentioned this before but the steam version is just the ISO for the Playstation version of the game. It doesn't get you the rom to the n64 version.

I would certainly buy quite a few of their games if they offered digital versions. THey should also sell on GOG as I'd prefer to buy the games there.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2019, 04:17 PM »
I would certainly buy quite a few of their games if they offered digital versions. THey should also sell on GOG as I'd prefer to buy the games there.

GOG is utterly fantastic (no DRM!), and I don't know why more people don't support it.