Author Topic: 40 Winks Rom?  (Read 7477 times)

Offline kerryking1

• View Profile
Re: 40 Winks Rom?
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2019, 09:18 PM »
Is there a 3.2 firmware file available anywhere?  I might have one that needs a reflash.

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2019, 12:18 AM »
http://www.kodewerx.org/downloads/n64-gspro-3.x-20160220.tar.bz2

That should be all of them, don't recall how you can flash it over the parallel port these days though.
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline kerryking1

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2019, 04:47 AM »
Thanks.  I'm trying to fix a laptop that has a parallel port.  So I'm hoping I can fix it.  It shows a letter L on the display and I'm not sure what that means, most of the time its a number 8.

Offline kerryking1

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2019, 04:52 AM »
I found a v3.3 that was a bin file.  Do you think the extension matters?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 06:28 AM by kerryking1 »

Offline Aroenai

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2019, 08:06 AM »
It shows a letter L on the display and I'm not sure what that means, most of the time its a number 8.

If it's bricked you can't flash it with the parallel port, the only ways to reflash them currently is to stack it with a second working Gameshark, remove the flash chips and flash it manually with a programmer, or use Sanni's cart reader to reflash it (experimental). If it was switched to another key code the last time it was booted, it needs a retail cart with the matching CIC chip to boot it.
---

Offline BolinCaker

• View Profile
    • CakerBaby
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2019, 03:39 PM »
I have a working version of the rom on my everdrive. Someone gave me the rom and I tried everything to make it work. Finally someone told me to “unbyteswap” it, then it worked. I’m not sure if I can simply upload the rom, but if anyone would like me to try, I’m happy to do so

Edit: I’m pretty certain it will work, I uploaded it for someone a while ago and he didn’t say it didn’t work. 🤟
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:46 PM by BolinCaker »

Offline kerryking1

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2019, 09:34 PM »
Ill check it out. Is it v3.2? If you upgrade a v3.2 to v3.3 Does the parallel port stop working? Ill try flashing it with parallel port.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 03:25 AM by kerryking1 »

Offline Aroenai

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2019, 04:29 AM »
Ill check it out. Is it v3.2? If you upgrade a v3.2 to v3.3 Does the parallel port stop working? Ill try flashing it with parallel port.

The archive I linked should contain all the known Gameshark roms, but if you can't boot it (like with the "L" or "8" that doesn't go away) you won't be able to flash it through the Parallel port. The parallel port works just fine on the v3.3 rom, but it's only active when the device is fully booted.
---

Offline kerryking1

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2019, 09:37 PM »
The gamesharks start up but all the options are greyed out but you can still start the game.  On the game creator software it just locks up when I click ram then says lost connection but it recognizes its plugged
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 02:54 AM by kerryking1 »

Offline kerryking1

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2019, 05:47 AM »
Does anyone have a backup txt file with all the codes so I can add them back?  Its saying I none.  I think the issue im having is from the cable.

Offline kerryking1

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2019, 08:06 PM »
Is there a keycode to run donkey kong 64 through the gameshark pro?

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2019, 02:53 AM »
I got the free pack from StoneAge Gamers that comes with the rom for 40 Winks from Piko. Looks like its early version they worked with without the Piko Interactive flash screen.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2019, 04:52 AM »
I got the free pack from StoneAge Gamers that comes with the rom for 40 Winks from Piko. Looks like its early version they worked with without the Piko Interactive flash screen.

That is actually very interesting.  Would you be able to post hash info for 40 Winks and the others?  Do any of the ROMs have the Piko intro?
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive64 3.0, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2019, 08:30 AM »

That just sounds like the PAL proto release...
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2019, 10:07 PM »

That is actually very interesting.  Would you be able to post hash info for 40 Winks and the others?  Do any of the ROMs have the Piko intro?

Yes I've seen the actual Piko NTSC 40 Winks cart in action (and I've also seen the rom they dumped from that cart in action too on their Everdrive 3.0). It has the publisher splash screen.

The rom with US Stone Age Gamers store doesn't however. I'd definitely try to run a hash on it if you someone can walk me through step by step what to do?

That just sounds like the PAL proto release...
No idea...

As far as I know Piko worked with two versions both a pal release one from a later date than those readily available on the internet, and another that was NTSC. So I don't know if this is one of those two, or some kind of beta from after they modified the game but before they put the splash screen on it it or not.l
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:11 PM by Galron »