Author Topic: 40 Winks Rom?  (Read 30002 times)

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: 40 Winks Rom?
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2020, 08:17 PM »
40 Winks ROM.
you are not funny.

Really? Because I find you hilarious! The moderator title should have tipped you off...

EDIT: Dawh shux so PayPal mailed me and somebody gave me a $5 rebate when I buy Piko! THANX! Too bad this comes with a week time limit though I try and my question stands still really want my own personal rom with the package

In case it's not obvious, Piko does monitor the forums.
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2020, 02:49 AM »
Out of curiosity, does anyone know the differences between the beta rom and Piko's full game? I have the original prototype, but I'm thinking of purchasing the full game cart.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2020, 08:34 AM »
Changes to menus, and the rom they used to make NTSC is specifically an NTSC rom. There are menu differences, and the videos playback properly on NTSC.

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2020, 06:17 PM »
Changes to menus, and the rom they used to make NTSC is specifically an NTSC rom. There are menu differences, and the videos playback properly on NTSC.

Thanks for this reply. So there are no substantial changes to the gameplay or story? I thought I heard that Piko expanded upon the prototype.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2020, 03:11 PM »
I've never played them side by side so I don't know but since both were based later version roms, its possible there was newer content.

Offline mistamontiel

• ..!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/mistamontiel00/videos
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2020, 08:55 PM »
Sorry but I am highly in-need of this "official"? "Finished"? 40 Winks too..

No I am not yanking me 64drive out. Ever

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2020, 10:21 PM »
Hi mistamontiel. From what folks are saying here it seems like there's not much difference between the beta and the "finished" version of the rom. Maybe that's incorrect, but I can't seem to find much information that says otherwise.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2020, 06:20 PM »

Have you tried e-mailing Piko, to see if they now sell the game as a digital download? If they do that, and at a decent price (a digital copy costs nothing to make, versus real money to make a cartridge, so it should be much cheaper to buy) then I'm sure they'd sell a fair number to flash cartridge or emulator users.

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2020, 07:41 PM »

Have you tried e-mailing Piko, to see if they now sell the game as a digital download? If they do that, and at a decent price (a digital copy costs nothing to make, versus real money to make a cartridge, so it should be much cheaper to buy) then I'm sure they'd sell a fair number to flash cartridge or emulator users.

Last year it was included with the purchase of an Everdrive 64 from Stone Age Gamer. Not sure if they still offer this and obviously doesn't help anyone that already has one, unless they upgrade to the X7

Online ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2020, 10:03 PM »
Has anyone purchased an ED64 from Stone Age Gamer recently?  Can you confirm the CRC for 40 Winks?  If you throw the ROM into a hex editor (like HxD), it will be the first half of the second row (i.e. 0x10).  If you post that or DM it to me, I can confirm what version of 40 Winks is available through there.  It has changed from time to time.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES