Author Topic: Everdrives for Atari Jaguar & Neo-Geo Pocket  (Read 6738 times)

Offline romhunter

• View Profile
Everdrives for Atari Jaguar & Neo-Geo Pocket
« on: February 21, 2019, 08:45 PM »
@KRIKzz, could you build some Everdrive solution for Atari Jaguar & Neo-Geo Pocket?
There are some tries from RetroHQ guys but, nothing like your products.  :o
Thanks, pal.

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
Re: Everdrives for Atari Jaguar & Neo-Geo Pocket
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 09:40 PM »
I doubt Krikzz was ever interested in doing anything for the Jaguar. You're not interested in the RetroHQ cart? Why not? It even has CD support.

Offline nastc1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 10:29 PM »
I remember buying a brand new Jaguar on clearance in the late 90s for like 30 bucks for the console and they were selling the games for less than 10 bucks as well. I ended up with like 20 games. I don't even remember what I did with the system and games, it was that bad.... Not worth buying a flash cart for a system with 2 good games.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 06:33 AM »
I remember buying a brand new Jaguar on clearance in the late 90s for like 30 bucks for the console and they were selling the games for less than 10 bucks as well. I ended up with like 20 games. I don't even remember what I did with the system and games, it was that bad.... Not worth buying a flash cart for a system with 2 good games.
You would be surprised with the following the Jaguar has. In fact I think the upcoming Jaguar RetroHQ flashcart will be a success.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline gladders

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 12:44 AM »
There's a flash cart for the god damned Virtual Boy ffs, there should be one for the Jag.

Offline nastc1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 11:03 PM »
You would be surprised with the following the Jaguar has. In fact I think the upcoming Jaguar RetroHQ flashcart will be a success.

Well my whole point is, you can probably get the good games for Jaguar for less than what you would pay for the flash cart. I can usually see the appeal in playing the bad games in a AVGN sort of way. But the bad Jaguar games are bad bad. Not funny bad, just really bad. Alien vs Predator is probably the best Jaguar game, even that game aged very poorly. But ultimately, to each their own!

Offline Alvis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 12:14 AM »
There's a flash cart for the god damned Virtual Boy ffs, there should be one for the Jag.

Where?!? I've wanted one forever but haven't seen them for sale in a decade.

Offline Thomu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 12:18 AM »

https://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4155&forum=7
Own:EDN8PRO|EDN8|SD2SNESPRO|SD2SNES|MegaEDV2|MasterEDX7|EDGGX7|EDGBX7|EDGBAX5(x2)|ED64X7|ED64V3|ED64V2.5|PSIO(x2)|GDEMU|USBGDROM|Phoebe(x2)|WaspFusion(x3)|NGPSD(x2)|LynxSD|JagSD|EDGB|Flashboy+|SSDS3|NeoSDPro|MegaSD|EZFlashOmega(x3)|EDMDclone|GDEMUclone
Ordered:
To buy:EDGBAX5Mini|MultiBoy32|LynxGD|

Offline romhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 05:50 PM »
Hello

For the Jaguar, there is :
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/254003-upcoming-jaguar-sd-cartridge/?hl=%20jaguar%20%20sd
Still WIP but close to release.

For the NeoGeo pocket :
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/261206-neogeo-pocket-colour-sd-cartridge/
https://www.flashmasta.com/product/neo-pocket-flash-masta-usb-32mbit/

Enjoy !

I got Flash Masta and Neo-Geo Pocket SD.
You can write up to 2 games in Flash Masta (or one 32 Mbit game).
Neo-Geo Pocket SD  does not implements instant loading. You must flash games into cartridge memory first.
Both are expensive and limited solutions.  :-\

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 11:24 PM »
https://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4155&forum=7

I wish someone made a modern cart for VB.  That one is tedious, you have to plug it into your PC and load one game at a time.  No fun. 

I got Flash Masta and Neo-Geo Pocket SD.
You can write up to 2 games in Flash Masta (or one 32 Mbit game).
Neo-Geo Pocket SD  does not implements instant loading. You must flash games into cartridge memory first.
Both are expensive and limited solutions.  :-\

RetroHQ's carts for Lynx or NGPC cost like $100.  I doubt anything Krikzz would develop would cost less, as there is so little demand for it.  The NGPC is a severely limited system, which is why he was forced to go with that design.  You can play a few games instantly, but the others have to be loaded to/from the microSD card.  It's a fine solution.