Author Topic: DK64 Switch Kongs Anywhere Hack  (Read 551 times)

Offline CabooseMiller

• View Profile
DK64 Switch Kongs Anywhere Hack
« on: March 14, 2019, 08:51 PM »
Is it possible to get this code working on the Everdrive through patching or some other method?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlNhSoX5UZ0

Offline Immorpher

• View Profile
    • YouTube Page
Re: DK64 Switch Kongs Anywhere Hack
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 04:40 AM »
Someone once said that you can get long codes like that by putting them into a .txt file and when you have the game loaded then you can load that .txt file in the everdrive menu. I tried it once with No Mercy, but I previewed the cheats so I think it truncated it. If you give it a try let me know.
Dark ambient horror utilizing a completely-original synthesizer on YouTube, Bandcamp, and Facebook.

Offline CabooseMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 04:02 PM »
I just attempted it but all I get is a black screen

Offline Immorpher

• View Profile
    • YouTube Page
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 06:31 PM »
This makes me think then that there is a hard limit on the number of codes in the Everdrive. I know sometimes there is a enable code that is required or else it causes a black screen. For some reason I can't seem to access my favorite cheat code site at the moment to check: https://gamehacking.org/system/n64/
Dark ambient horror utilizing a completely-original synthesizer on YouTube, Bandcamp, and Facebook.

Offline CabooseMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 06:57 PM »
I also tried with the enable code but still got nothing hmm

Offline r1ggles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 04:03 PM »
It would be possible to convert this into a patch (that hopefully works with the cracked version of DK64 [f2] for older ED's and other older flashcarts)
In the comment section Kaze mentions that it wouldn't be difficult to do, I've tried doing some hex editing but I'm lost... Don't have the sufficient know how on how to do it.

Anyone had success in making the hack built into the game?

Offline Immorpher

• View Profile
    • YouTube Page
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 04:35 PM »
I think that code should be possible since it only has codes that begin with 8..... (as opposed to ones with D). I haven't had experience with patching roms though... If you want to put in the effort people at N64vault know how to do it, they have a discord in the bottom of the page here: http://n64vault.com/

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 06:56 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the hack didn't work on console, Kaze doesn't give a damn about console compatibility.