Author Topic: Firmware 1.10.2 seems to be nearing its release  (Read 6246 times)

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Re: Firmware 1.10.2 seems to be nearing its release
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 03:06 AM »
Does anyone know when kirby super star will be fixed in 1.10.2 or if a new firmware will fix it?

If my theory is correct the Japanese version known as Hoshi no Kirby Super Deluxe has hardly any bug glitches in it. It's also vastly superior to Super Star...
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 05:56 PM »
Does anyone know when kirby super star will be fixed in 1.10.2 or if a new firmware will fix it?

If my theory is correct the Japanese version known as Hoshi no Kirby Super Deluxe has hardly any bug glitches in it. It's also vastly superior to Super Star...

How exactly is the japanese version of kirby superstar better?
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 06:06 PM »
Not to sound like I'm complaining, but are bugs of this magnitude common in SD2SNES firmware releases?

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 09:52 PM »

A different strobe on the splash title screen before the start icon appears, different strobe effects in gameplay a really cool water effect on the Fountain of Dreams, food that was later carried over to the Smash Bros series games as due to changes internationally a lot of food sprites were later changed to more common foods outside of Japan.

The PAL version known as Kirbys Fun Pak was actually based on the build of the Japan version but had it's food changed but unlike the NTSC version the effects are based off the Japanese build.

As for effects it's too hard to remember them all, you may notice the title screens strobe being a different color or if I recall it was cut entirely out of the Kirbys Super Star game. A lot of other stuff was changed too.

And lastly why it runs better is that odd line going through the sprites is non existant when on the SD2 SNES, it still has the odd line on a few static idle sprites but its less noticeable than the other versions.

Of course later versions of this game no matter what platform they came on became inferior due to the whole Pokémon Shock Incident, but why the NTSC version removed so many effects is still a mystery I haven't gotten my head around especially as this game was a 96 based one on release...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 10:06 PM by Richardragon87 »

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2019, 01:00 AM »

A different strobe on the splash title screen before the start icon appears, different strobe effects in gameplay a really cool water effect on the Fountain of Dreams, food that was later carried over to the Smash Bros series games as due to changes internationally a lot of food sprites were later changed to more common foods outside of Japan.

The PAL version known as Kirbys Fun Pak was actually based on the build of the Japan version but had it's food changed but unlike the NTSC version the effects are based off the Japanese build.

As for effects it's too hard to remember them all, you may notice the title screens strobe being a different color or if I recall it was cut entirely out of the Kirbys Super Star game. A lot of other stuff was changed too.

And lastly why it runs better is that odd line going through the sprites is non existant when on the SD2 SNES, it still has the odd line on a few static idle sprites but its less noticeable than the other versions.

Of course later versions of this game no matter what platform they came on became inferior due to the whole Pokémon Shock Incident, but why the NTSC version removed so many effects is still a mystery I haven't gotten my head around especially as this game was a 96 based one on release...

So to sum up the japanese version has a lot of visual effects removed from the American version? This I didn't know.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2019, 06:00 AM »
So to sum up the japanese version has a lot of visual effects removed from the American version? This I didn't know.

Yeah absolutely loads. I have to someday go back to playing my official PAL copy of Fun Pak that I 102% or 1 more % if that was possible with those extra modes that get unlocked. Though its a shame it has a habit of getting a dead battery each time its booted up showing a black screen then when it works again the save file gets erased then later comes back again.

Post changed:

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2019, 01:34 AM »
On a related note, Kirby Bowl is also superior to international versions that had the intro removed.