Author Topic: X7 Errors :/  (Read 9364 times)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: X7 Errors :/
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 11:52 PM »
Thanks for looking in to it KRIKzz!
Would be awesome to use the Japanese Master System with FM-sound, rather than modifying a PAL Master System with FM-sound.

Sure, i agree (:

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 08:46 PM »
Just got my MK-2000 and seems like it fully stable, but in-game menu does not working on this system. Not sure what is going on, may be there is various motherboard revisions of MK-2000, or may be different problems related to different us-to-jp adapters. I use adapter like on the picture below. Is there anyone who has such adapter and MK-2000?

Offline stlpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 11:02 PM »
Just got my MK-2000 and seems like it fully stable, but in-game menu does not working on this system. Not sure what is going on, may be there is various motherboard revisions of MK-2000, or may be different problems related to different us-to-jp adapters. I use adapter like on the picture below. Is there anyone who has such adapter and MK-2000?

I'm using a similar adapter in the cartridge port, which looks like this (you can see the traces if you brighten the photos):

Some of the other people are using the EXT port gender adapter from smspower:

Did you also experience the SD card error code in the diagnostics tests? It gives different errors, sometimes OK. I wonder if it's all related.

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 07:11 AM »
I have the tototek adapter. For some reason, it doesn't like Wonder Boy III, but most other games I tried worked (aside from those not supposed to work with FM sound like Wanted). I don't have a SMS Everdrive, but the FM sound does work with WB3 when played on a JP switched Genesis with Mega Drive V2/X7.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 07:14 AM by brianvgplayer »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 12:58 PM »
Did you also experience the SD card error code in the diagnostics tests? It gives different errors, sometimes OK. I wonder if it's all related.

No, i do not have any SD errors. Works completely stable, but in-game menu does not work on this console for me

Offline stlpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 10:44 PM »
Too bad that it works, that makes it harder to debug for you...   ;D   This reminds me of the SD card problems on GBA ED x5 at launch.   So I hope there is some solution as there was for that device.

And I really hope there's some way to use the in-game reset in Japanese consoles. Especially because JP SMS does not have a RESET button on the console. :)

I found here another diagram of a different US to JP slot converter, seems most of the pins are one-to-one connection:

Offline LDigital

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2018, 01:21 AM »
Through the expansion port I can use the in game reset but it’s very unstable and I get the errors mentioned before

Offline stlpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 08:35 PM »
I found the Kingston 32gb UHS-I card works with no errors. I ran diagnostics 25 times in a row with no failures. This is the same card that was the only one to work on the GBA everdrive before krikzz fixed it. Model SDC10G2/32GB. (Beware of counterfeits - Kingston and Sandisk are the most faked brands.)

Adata 16gb card works mostly, but had random sd read errors. Diagnostics test fails about 50% of the time.

SanDisk Ultra 8gb FAT gets corrupted after the first write test and is entirely unusable after that until I reformat and copy all files back.

In-game menu will only work thru the expansion port because the mark iii cartridge port is missing some z80 signals that krikzz is probably using for it. But at least with this Kingston card it works otherwise.

Offline stlpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2018, 09:18 PM »
I received the gender adapter for the ext port. Now the ingame menu works on JSMS but SD card fails time, even with this kingston card that worked perfectly on the cartridge port adapter. :(

Offline kingfaiwu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2018, 12:23 PM »
i just ordered a x7 ,
I would like to know which version of os works best for the Japanese SMS ?

Thanx

Offline xDagmaRx

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 05:35 AM »
Just got my X7 from Stone Age Gamer and I am also having issues with multiple SanDisk 4gb and 8gb cards.  Both cards were in other everdrives (GB and Turbo).

Im using a US Sega Genesis model 1 with the power base mini FM and get unexpected error and SD IO error.  I have reformatted using methods above in other posts, changed controllers, used a 6 button, 3 button and a Master System controller and have the same results so something isnt playing nice.  Ive also tried using all 3 system bios files for the everdrive.

I also own the 1st version of the Master Everdrive and it works perfectly, was hoping to upgrade to the X7 for instant loading and give my old one to a friend.
I also just bought a Kingston 32gb and will try the same methods but im not hopeful.

{EDIT} So I got the Kingston 32gb card and the Everdrive works but not without problems.  Settings are rest to default every time i boot it up.  The diagnostics had an error with the SDC test giving me error:0D consistently.  One time when i was going through folders i had errors pop up with random bits of code eventually crashing the everdrive, rebooting fixed this error.  Is the Master Everdrive X7 just not as compatible with power base converter types?  Im afraid its gonna corrupt my sd card sometime soon the more I use it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 08:15 PM by xDagmaRx »

Offline xDagmaRx

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 10:34 AM »
Gonna bump here.  I cant save Phantasy Star at all using a Sega Genesis with a power base converter.  This x7 version is a downgrade from the old Master Everdrive that I own.  Krizz any input?  Is there a possible fix in the future?

Offline elron6

• View Profile
Re: master everdrive X7 Errors :/ power base mini fm
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2019, 11:27 AM »
Don't know if it's been said here yet, but I wanted to save some people 2 hours of theirs lives, but a master everdrive x7 + a power base mini fm will not work in a Genesis model 2 + a Sega CD model 2. You will get every error code under the sun. You have to physically disconnect the Gen and Sega Cd (not just the power cord) and it will rectify the problem. Hope this helps someone!