Author Topic: Original Master Everdrive no longer works  (Read 1401 times)

Offline sanny87

• View Profile
Original Master Everdrive no longer works
« on: April 01, 2019, 10:07 AM »
CPLD Version: 2
OS Version: 8
Max Dir Size: 512
Cart Type: SMS
Asm Date: 23.10.2014

I have the original Master Everdrive and for some reason it no longer seems to work.
I have tried to upgrade to OS 9 but that does not work.
I have tried to do the safety OS revert (hold UP+1+2) and that doesnt work.(I tried other directions in the hold too)
When trying to load a rom it doesnt get past the "erase" state.
I have had error codes 0XD3, 0XF0.
I have been trying on a Power base converter on the OG Mega Drive, would this cause any issue at all?
I have tried 3 different SD cards, I even managed to find a low capacity 1GB version. The other ones I tried were 8GB, should I buy a much larger and faster card?

I was thinking even if there was a basic setup tutorial I could try and "start fresh" but there is very little information out there about the Master Everdrive in that regard.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:20 AM by sanny87 »

Offline sanny87

• View Profile
Re: Original Master Everdrive no longer works
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 02:01 PM »
Is there any manual that goes along with the OG Master Everdrive then? I noticed there is a pdf version for the X7.

Offline sanny87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 11:09 AM »
I have been trying on a Power base converter on the OG Mega Drive, would this cause any issue at all?

I finally had enough and got up into the attic and dug out my Master System and everything works fine using that. It is a simple case of the Power base converter not actually being compatable for anyonee in future looking at this.

Offline vitaflo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 12:09 AM »
The Power Base Convertor is compatible.  I use it all the time with my original Master ED.  What is NOT compatible is when you connect your Genesis to a Sega CD.  Genesis + Sega CD + Power Base Convertor + original Master ED = will not get past the "Erase" prompt.  Disconnect your Sega CD and it should work fine.

Offline sanny87

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 01:05 AM »
I don't have the sega CD just stand alone Mega Drive. I don't know why it wouldn't work but the cart in Master System worked fine and then same Master everdrive didn't work when inserted into power base converter in OG Mega Drive. Maybe a problem with my power base converter. Thanks for the reply anyway.