Author Topic: Emulators for N64 EverDrive  (Read 2805 times)

Offline Tommys Girl

• View Profile
Emulators for N64 EverDrive
« on: April 21, 2019, 09:57 PM »
Hi!

I recently purchased the N64 Everdrive 3.0 version.  I'm hoping to emulate other gaming systems using this cartridge.  I had read other posts which listed the different emulators for the various systems.  I would like any recommendations and if there are other emulators available.  I really wanted to emulate GBA games but wasn't sure if this was possible.  As far as emulation goes, is it difficult to install these emulators onto the EverDrive?  Is there anywhere I can go to find out how to install and use the emulators?  Is it better to use different SD cards for the different systems?  Or do you use a larger SD card and put everything on the same one?  I was told the EverDrive can use the larger SD cards, but most recommend the 8GB card because it can hold the N64 library.  I want to include these additional gaming systems so what size SD card should I be using? These are the gaming systems I'm looking to emulate:  NES, SNES, Sega Mega Drive, Game Gear, Mega CD, 32X, GB, GBC.

On a different note, has anyone been able to convert MP4 files to N64 format?  I also have the EZ Flash for the GBA and was able to convert MP4 files to GBA format.  Is there anything available for the EverDrive?

Lastly, does anyone know where I could find the complete library of N64 games? 

Thanks so much!  I'm brand new to the gaming world so this is my first EverDrive!

Offline y0da89

• View Profile
Re: Emulators for N64 EverDrive
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 11:01 PM »
Regarding emulation, you will not get further than NES and Gameboy.
https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2396.msg24654#msg24654

If you want to emulate the consoles you want, you may want to purchase a wii.
They are dirt cheap and you can easily install the homebrew channel.
You can use a classic controller or a gamecube controller to play those retro games if you want a stick based gamepad.

The complete rom collection is called no-intro n64.
And asking for roms is forbidden on this website.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 11:09 PM by y0da89 »

Offline Galron

• View Profile

Offline Frank

• View Profile
Re: Emulators for N64 EverDrive
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 06:26 PM »