Author Topic: Grey screen for all ROMS  (Read 558 times)

Offline eldergamer2019

• View Profile
Grey screen for all ROMS
« on: April 23, 2019, 07:37 PM »
Hello forum people I have a huge peoblem with my N8 Everdrive that I need help with.

After not playing for months I tried to use my everdrive today, but none of the ROMS worked
they all went to a grey screen, they had never done that before

SO I removed the SD card, stuck it in my computer, downloaded a few new ROMS, added them
to the card and tried the everdrive again now I had ERROR 40 no matter what I did!

SO I got a brand new SD card, stuck it in my computer, copied the EDFC folder from the old card
to the new card plus a few ROMs to test.

The ERROR 40 was gone when I turned my NES on with the new SD card and I saw the EDFC folder
went into it to test the few new ROMs and same problem..grey screen for both!

What is happening? why would hundreds of ROMS that worked without fail in the past suddenly not load at all?
Did i do something wrong? Do I need to do something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline FeverDrive

• View Profile
Re: Grey screen for all ROMS
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 08:24 AM »
Try cleaning both your Everdrive and console cartridge contacts.
And so I go fast.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 03:39 AM »
Try to run diagnostics to make sure that all hardware is ok. You can run diagnostics from gray boot-loader screen, for that you should turn on the system without sd card, cart will show message with something about SD initialization error, then you should insert sd card and push select+start+a+b
Also make sure your cart is original, because N8 clones has exactly same symptoms when they trying to use not hacked OS

Offline eldergamer2019

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 12:09 AM »
I'm an older video game fan (Atari and NES only), so most terms are new to me. Even had trouble finding this, my original post HA!

When you say 'Load cart'  or 'without Sd card' I'm not sure what you mean.
Are you saying to leave the SD card out of the shell and THEN load it and power on my NES for diagnostics?

How do I make sure cart is original and not a clone?

Thanks for your help. Sucks not being able to play NES Burgertime whenever I want :(

Offline Sid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 10:34 PM »
You have to push out  SD card and after that put it to console, power ON. you will see message with SD initialization error, then you should insert sd card and push select+start+a+b.

Offline keeper7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 12:46 PM »
I'm an older video game fan (Atari and NES only), so most terms are new to me. Even had trouble finding this, my original post HA!

When you say 'Load cart'  or 'without Sd card' I'm not sure what you mean.
Are you saying to leave the SD card out of the shell and THEN load it and power on my NES for diagnostics?

How do I make sure cart is original and not a clone?

Thanks for your help. Sucks not being able to play NES Burgertime whenever I want :(

- remove SD card from the cartridge
- turn on the system
- you should see an error message
- insert SD card
- press Select+Start+A+B at the same time
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 01:10 PM by keeper7 »

Offline PalAndreew

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 06:40 PM »
Thank you.
I have activated out the system of self-diagnostics. First, there will be a blue background.
after  A black background and text with the current test process.

It's important : when  "Init error" - do not do "reset"(Do not turn off the console, not to extract the cartridge), a insert the card when a the error message is displayed .
... After the insertion of memory in the slot, press all the buttons on Select / START / A / B / immediately.