Author Topic: EverDrive DS Possible Someday?  (Read 14423 times)

Offline switchaqui

• View Profile
Re: EverDrive DS Possible Someday?
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2019, 09:50 AM »
EveerDrive DS ?
interesting but for Nintendo DS system, we need only one ace3ds plus flashcard, less than 10$ and snes+gba emulators included in the kernel...
why so complicated  ;)

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2019, 04:53 AM »
EveerDrive DS ?
interesting but for Nintendo DS system, we need only one ace3ds plus flashcard, less than 10$ and snes+gba emulators included in the kernel...
why so complicated  ;)

The state of emulation on DS isn’t that great really.

Only way Krikzz could create something better than what is already out there is if he created full DSi compatibility for both white and grey cartridge DSi games (allowing those games to access camera, faster processor, and extra ram, and any other extra features limited to DSI), full support for GBA linking with a NOR or ram daughter card, and holy grail of running DSi shop Roms off the flash cart itself somehow bypassing any security measures, and bypassing region locks...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 07:01 PM by Galron »

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2019, 11:59 PM »
Don't forget a patch-free system.

why so complicated
This entire thread is all about why it's complicated.

Offline Lawfer

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2019, 04:10 PM »
I have been waiting for a DS or 3DS Everdrive for like 2 years now, but unfortunately there is still nothing yet.

I don't trust the chinese flash carts, I don't want to brick/damage my console with these.

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2019, 05:39 PM »
I have been waiting for a DS or 3DS Everdrive for like 2 years now, but unfortunately there is still nothing yet.

I don't trust the chinese flash carts, I don't want to brick/damage my console with these.

I've had a few of these cheap R4i-SDHC cards (I paid like 8 bucks for my last one). And it works just fine on my DSi. I've used them for almost 10 years now and never once bricked my DSi.
Mega EverDrive x7, EverDrive-GB X7, SD2SNES Original, EZ Flash IV, R4i-SDHC

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2019, 05:44 PM »
Yea, I agree with a post above mine. The only thing Krikzz could do, is if he finds a way for a flash cart to run games in DSi mode to take advantage of the faster processor and RAM. And afaik, there's only a handful of games that take advantage of that.

I'm not sure if it's even worth it. There's countless DS/DSi flash carts out there. Of course, Krikzz is full of surprises, so who really knows.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2019, 06:20 PM »
I think its omething like 50-100 games that use DSi features (it woudl be fun to mess around with those features). Plus 5 games that require DSi to even run.

Then if someone found a way to decode the DSi apps and convert them into regular roms, many of those require DSi ram/cpu to run as well.
 Hundreds of games library, maybe 20-30 worth playing though, and obscure at this point.

Offline weldeinii

• View Profile
    • https://myloweslife.onl/
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2019, 03:57 PM »
I would suggest that it is probably time for the Sega 8-bit flash carts, the Master EverDrive and the EverDrive-GG, to get a feature bump.  Right now they are in the X3 range in terms of features.  So is the EverDrive GB. but that was released much more recently.  Given that the design for both cartridges is extremely similar, it would be cost effective to do both.  An X5 with copying to RAM instead of Flash would be greatly appreciated I'm sure.

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2019, 08:28 PM »
I would suggest that it is probably time for the Sega 8-bit flash carts, the Master EverDrive and the EverDrive-GG, to get a feature bump.  Right now they are in the X3 range in terms of features.  So is the EverDrive GB. but that was released much more recently.  Given that the design for both cartridges is extremely similar, it would be cost effective to do both.  An X5 with copying to RAM instead of Flash would be greatly appreciated I'm sure.

He released a Master EverDrive x7 not too long ago.

I heard the EverDrive-GG x7 was done, but he is having issues with the plastic shells.

I have the EverDrive GB x7, and I think it's pretty good and seems like a full featured x7.