Author Topic: Use everdrive gg on a real master system?  (Read 905 times)

Offline asper

• View Profile
Use everdrive gg on a real master system?
« on: May 19, 2019, 10:12 AM »
Hi guys, will it be possible to use an everdrive gg inside a real master system re-routing the correct pins (more than 20 i suppose) ? If so i will try to build an adapter (i already have the connectors to do it). THe redirection pinout can be found here: https://consolingmyself.co.uk/post/18692678762/retrode-sms-gg-plug-in-adapter-pin-out

Here they are some pics if the site will go offiline:

Please Someone let me know that, Thank you :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:33 AM by asper »

Offline Shentok

• View Profile
Re: Use everdrive gg on a real master system?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 02:13 AM »
No. It's impossible. The Game Gear is more powerful than the Master System. It supports about 5000 colors if I recall while the Master System supports about 64. The Game Gear also uses a newer sound chip compared to the Master System.

Offline asper

• View Profile
Re: Use everdrive gg on a real master system?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 12:10 PM »
Well I managed to built a GG -> SMS adapter and everdrive gg menu loaded fine but when I flashed some games, GG or SMS, I get a black rectangule in the middle of the screen and the console hangs; after some tests (do not remember exactly which games I flashed) now I receive a "software error" message (this is a bios message) when booting my console (master system 2 with alex kidd preinstalled. The everdrive still works fine on my game gear.

Flashing a SMS bios the adpater+everdrive is totally bypassed (no software error message) and the original console bios starts. If anyone has some hints feel free to contribute :)

EDIT:
well the adpater WORKS ;)
http://www.smspower.org/forums/17490-ADapterToUseEverdriveGGOnMasterSystem

You definitively CAN use an Everdrive GG on a real Master System 1 or 2 :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 01:53 PM by asper »