Author Topic: Banjo Kazooie Evedrive 3.0  (Read 4810 times)

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Re: Banjo Kazooie Evedrive 3.0
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 05:32 AM »
Can you test it on a modern tv? Does it do the same thing?

I tried running roms on my crt and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

Offline planetsuzy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2019, 04:49 PM »
Can you test it on a modern tv? Does it do the same thing?

I tried running roms on my crt and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

Here is a picture on an HDTV.Notice on the left corner how there are screen abnormalities.On the CRT it is a bit different,but it still has part of the corner chipped off.

https://imgur.com/zAv9HZv

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2019, 05:08 PM »
Ahh, I see. I don't see it on my CRT tv possibly because of overscan settings. I don't know what's causing it. I'll check on my HDTV later.

Also notices that the distortion seems to occur on both the left and right sides of the image, and possibly through the image like horizontal bars. It's just more noticeable on the left in your image.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 05:11 PM by Galron »

Offline planetsuzy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2019, 06:11 PM »
Ahh, I see. I don't see it on my CRT tv possibly because of overscan settings. I don't know what's causing it. I'll check on my HDTV later.

Also notices that the distortion seems to occur on both the left and right sides of the image, and possibly through the image like horizontal bars. It's just more noticeable on the left in your image.

I noticed it on the right too,just didn't mention it because it's not as easy to see and I wasn't sure if you could see it in the picture.On the CRT it has a similar issue as well.It only happens with this game so I am not really sure what is happening here.

Online supersign

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2019, 06:14 PM »
Looks like it's screen jitter caused by your cables. What N64 cable do you connect to the CRT? Have you tried different cables?

Offline planetsuzy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2019, 07:01 PM »
Looks like it's screen jitter caused by your cables. What N64 cable do you connect to the CRT? Have you tried different cables?

I use the default composite cables that came with the n64.I have tried two different cables and both have the same problem.It only happens with Banjo though,it doesn't happen with any other game I have tried.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2019, 07:57 PM »
I switched to higher quality s-video cables recommended from a gaming site and it improved a lot of visuals on the tv. I will test the game on original components and see I notice anything you describe.

https://www.retrorgb.com/n64.html
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 08:41 PM by Galron »

Offline planetsuzy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2019, 11:55 PM »
I switched to higher quality s-video cables recommended from a gaming site and it improved a lot of visuals on the tv. I will test the game on original components and see I notice anything you describe.

https://www.retrorgb.com/n64.html

Let me know if you see the issue with normal cables.Right now I am considering if I should buy the original BK game for testing.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 01:02 AM »
I had zero distortion with the game on my HDTV... Let me list the name of the roms I tested...

Banjo-Kazooie (USA) (Rev A).n64 (I got this one from an aforementioned 'archive'...)

Banjo-Kazooie (U) (V1.1).z64 (not sure where I got this one, might not be a 'no-intro', might be copy protection hacked version... not sure.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 01:36 AM by Galron »

Offline planetsuzy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2019, 02:57 AM »
I had zero distortion with the game on my HDTV... Let me list the name of the roms I tested...

Banjo-Kazooie (USA) (Rev A).n64 (I got this one from an aforementioned 'archive'...)

Banjo-Kazooie (U) (V1.1).z64 (not sure where I got this one, might not be a 'no-intro', might be copy protection hacked version... not sure.)

I tried Rev A and I still have distortion.I ordered an S-video cable to see if it solves the problem.I find it weird that this happens on both the tv's i tried.I am on the verge of buying Banjo to see if the original has the problem as well.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2019, 03:46 AM »
Ya, thing is I tried it with both cables on my CRT no problems. I tried it with original composite on the HDTV (it doesn't have Svideo)… I had no issues.

I would recommend testing a different N64, in case its something internal with the n64 as well....

Offline planetsuzy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2019, 05:39 AM »
Ya, thing is I tried it with both cables on my CRT no problems. I tried it with original composite on the HDTV (it doesn't have Svideo)… I had no issues.

I would recommend testing a different N64, in case its something internal with the n64 as well....
I tried both n64's I have and they both have this problem.I also tried with my friends everdrive. Only thing I haven't tried is using the original banjo.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2019, 05:58 AM »
Somehow I don't think the original banjo is going to fix this... I don't know what to say.... It seems to be rare... Maybe your two machines suffer the same weird alignment of stars....

Offline planetsuzy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2019, 09:45 AM »
Somehow I don't think the original banjo is going to fix this... I don't know what to say.... It seems to be rare... Maybe your two machines suffer the same weird alignment of stars....

Well I mostly want to know if my everdrive is defective.I am getting a cable in the mail tomorrow to test it with.If not I will have to shell the 25$ for banjo.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2019, 10:01 AM »
THat's the issue though, I would think if your Everdrive was defective it should be glitching out on more than just this one game, and most likely all of them. It's a seriously freak issue, that could have a number of causes... I don't know what to tell you...