Author Topic: Issue with new Everdrive  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Psidum

• View Profile
Issue with new Everdrive
« on: June 10, 2019, 04:23 AM »
Hey,

We picked up an issue with the 4MB Everdrive. Discussion can be found at the end of this thread at SMS Power http://www.smspower.org/forums/16600-CodingCompetition2017BadAppleByPsidumCalindroRushJet1Sim#106441

Past the first 1MB everything appears to be mirrored. My guess would be you have some legacy code applying & $3F to bank numbers before use. If you have any questions send Calindro or myself a message.

Psidum.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 04:25 AM by Psidum »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with new Everdrive
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 01:44 AM »
Hi.
I check game mapper code and i found that it really does not decode address over 1M in game mode. It not affect commercial games, but large hombrew and demos will not work. I understand that it could be important for some people and i ready to replace such carts. Just put your requests here: https://krikzz.com/store/contact-us

Would be cool if you repost this message on smspower, i can't post anything myself due their aggressive antispam policy (:

Offline eightbit

• View Profile
Re: Issue with new Everdrive
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 06:42 PM »
Thank you for the information. I have posted your response on SMSPower....although I could not provide the direct link there to this thread because of their policy to newly registered users. I have emailed you as well through the contact form for assistance with my Everdrive as well. Thank you!

Edit: It appears I cannot run the Bad Apple demo as it requires a PAL region machine and I am NTSC. But, I think even for PAL region they may have a problem running 4MB demo. I have sent you some pictures of test results. If anything maybe this can help people in the PAL regions run larger homebrew. I wish I could run it :(
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 05:36 AM by eightbit »