Author Topic: Trials of Mana working on SD2SNES and Super NT with the 3-Player patch!  (Read 796 times)

Offline RiBB|Lion

• View Profile
Hello everyone. The Collection of Mana was released yesterday for the Switch and it includes the newly localized version of Seiken Densetsu 3, Trials of Mana. Somebody on 4chan was able to rip the ROM right out of the game. I cannot provide a download link because it's against the rules, but I am here to demonstrate that the ROM does work perfectly on the SD2SNES and the Super NT. I was curious to see if the 3-Player patch would work, and to my surprise it did! Here is a video I uploaded on YouTube as demonstraton:

https://youtu.be/En78rflM4mk

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
I hope people will still support Square Enix  :-\

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
Oh... this explains why the remaster will have the same name: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_DaAa8h7A8
When you extract the roms... please verify the others too and check if these are in no-intro already.

Offline RiBB|Lion

• View Profile
Oh... this explains why the remaster will have the same name: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_DaAa8h7A8
When you extract the roms... please verify the others too and check if these are in no-intro already.

Yes, that is correct. At first I thought the remaster was a spin-off until I saw that the original was named Trials of Mana as well.

As far as I know, this new ROM that was ripped has a different MD5 hash checksum. It is not part of the no-intro set. I was afraid that the 3-player patch wouldn't work because of this, but luckily it did.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Anyone test the other games for new/updated translations?

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
Anyone test the other games for new/updated translations?

Checked the others and they are the same as the roms already out, the deciphered link to the new rom is based off my Switch one complete with really tiny text though a quick hack would likely fix that up... still kind of wonder why they included a GB port instead of the original Saiken Densetsu game? Too hard to translate and still want to make us believe Secret of Mana was the 1st game...

Speaking of which though I know this is impossible to play on my GBA it would have been neat if Flubba's process getting Secret of Mana to half work on a GBA would have been even better if this official translation could run on it... ah well no way to improve that.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
If there was only a way to dump the rom for translation of Romancing Saga II sigh, and be able to run it on hardware.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Ok, weirdness with the rom... Apparently the introduction prologue isn't translated?

And there is weird debug messages too.

I wonder if someone can 'patch' the rom to improve/fix these issues?

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
Just played with Kevin up to Wendel. No untranslated stuff and no Debug messages here

Offline Galron

• View Profile
I figured it out there is a 'debug' version of the rom included in the collection too... That is the incomplete version.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
Ok, weirdness with the rom... Apparently the introduction prologue isn't translated?

And there is weird debug messages too.

I wonder if someone can 'patch' the rom to improve/fix these issues?

That's the debug version based of our version which had multiple languages, oddly the debug was also extracted from it.

I can confirm we didn't have that issue on the real Switch version it seems it was used for international regions and was found via hacking.

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
It would be nice to get a comparison review of the translations. I've found official translations can sometimes be worse than the fan translations, especially for the translations of games decades after the release.
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
The official translation does Chrono Cross thing with many of the characters having silly accents, or so I understand. Charlotte apparently has one of the worst accents.

But I've heard the 'fan translation' isn't entirely accurate, the team added in pop culture references, and the like. The new one is supposed to be 'more accurate'. However, it does add some changes that don't seem like pure translation but a creation of new terms... Like the fan translation talks about 8 God-Monsters or something or other... while remake uses the term eight Benevolodons (SP?)…

The new translation allows for longer character names, so Hawk becomes Hawkeye for example.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 06:22 PM by Galron »

Offline EmperorOfTigers

• View Profile
I don't know why exactly but on my Super NT with SD2SNES I just get a black screen after the initial introduction after picking my characters.