Author Topic: sdcard ejecting by itself  (Read 661 times)

Offline Mr Parkreiner

• View Profile
sdcard ejecting by itself
« on: June 13, 2019, 05:54 PM »
Hi there!

Today I turn to my sd2snes and find that the sdcard is ejected and needs pushing in again.

Does anyone ever encounter the problem of the sdcard ejecting on it's own, or is it just me? (I had that for multiple times in the last years and so I'm wondering...) Could this be a broken sd-slot?

thanks and best wishes!

Markus
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 06:18 PM by Mr Parkreiner »

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Re: sdcard ejecting by itself
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:33 AM »
My SD Card never ejects as it uses a SD card reader along with the SD inside it. The random ejects I encounter is just due to stuff being lifted up when cleaning under the SNES device which is likely due to it being pushed against the roof of my table causing the screen to blackout with no menu until I realize it popped out then when it goes in again the device shows the menu and works again.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Mr Parkreiner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 02:00 AM »
While this is a rather humourous comment you seem to understand the problem and somehow you do encounter it too. After checking this evening I realised that the SD is still in it's place and does not need to be inserted again.

*new creepy pasta thread*: SDs ejecting by themselves. XD

8)

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 03:27 AM »

To be exact it really isn't that uncommon on other devices take my imgur links and description of something similar which likely is a reason why it would be better to get a new one than to return it to be fixed. My GBA X5 never was the same after being repaired as you see even if the SD card ejecting by itself issue was resolved. I never went back to them again...

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=8455.msg65981#msg65981

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline Mr Parkreiner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 06:52 AM »

To be exact it really isn't that uncommon on other devices take my imgur links and description of something similar which likely is a reason why it would be better to get a new one than to return it to be fixed. My GBA X5 never was the same after being repaired as you see even if the SD card ejecting by itself issue was resolved. I never went back to them again...

ok, so ... I am no expert on mechanics, but how could tightening the spring in the SD-slot harm the back of the module? (just being curious here...) - Does this mean I cannot send my SD2SNES directly to krikkz for repair?

as this dude shows the spring can be taken out -> no problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SlwmEc0ECI

Old wisdom of the retro consoles: No moving parts-> less will break ;)

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 09:07 AM »

ok, so ... I am no expert on mechanics, but how could tightening the spring in the SD-slot harm the back of the module? (just being curious here...) - Does this mean I cannot send my SD2SNES directly to krikkz for repair?

as this dude shows the spring can be taken out -> no problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SlwmEc0ECI

Old wisdom of the retro consoles: No moving parts-> less will break ;)

Because when it went for a spring fixture it caused them screwing the middle too tight after it was replaced which made the sides too tight and caused a crack on the inside of the plastic... oddly the crack isn't on the outside area of the GBA X5 as you saw on the imgur link and it still baffles me when I got it back after they fixed the spring issue that happened, it has never been the same again.

Post changed:

Offline shiggypoo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 03:28 PM »
Have you ever reached out to Krikzz to see if he can replace the ED GBA X5 Shell?  I had QC issues with one of mine too (actually several but only once related to the plastic):

The plastic actually cracked on a brand new cartridge right where the screw goes into, so the two pieces wouldn't even fit together.  Amazon ended up replacing it for me but he said if it happens again he'd send a new one.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 06:26 PM »
I've had the crack develop in the back too. Krikkz sent me out a replacement, new case didn't fit together as nicely as the first, and crack started developing in the exact same spot (left side just below that symbol of a trash can, about a half way down the cartridge). Fortunately the crack doesn't effect the screws, its not near the screws. It's just kinda annoying.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 06:28 PM by Galron »

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 03:01 AM »
Have you ever reached out to Krikzz to see if he can replace the ED GBA X5 Shell?  I had QC issues with one of mine too (actually several but only once related to the plastic):

The plastic actually cracked on a brand new cartridge right where the screw goes into, so the two pieces wouldn't even fit together.  Amazon ended up replacing it for me but he said if it happens again he'd send a new one.

The thing is Krikzz didn't make the issue it was Retrotowers problem, there has been some weird QC issues with them in the past be it a really awkward SD2SNES slot for the SD card to even sides having gaps in them. I kind of gave up trying to get a refund and will likely just wait till the next GBA Everdrive version comes out and get a fresh new one in the future if it ever exists.

I've had the crack develop in the back too. Krikkz sent me out a replacement, new case didn't fit together as nicely as the first, and crack started developing in the exact same spot (left side just below that symbol of a trash can, about a half way down the cartridge). Fortunately the crack doesn't effect the screws, its not near the screws. It's just kinda annoying.

Interesting about that issue, it would either be maybe due to how its tightened or just something else. I doubt it would have been dropped when it was being refitted but it seems like it isn't uncommon to happen, the device still runs fine but it just looks weird as no other ED GB had that issue from what I recall.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 03:06 AM by Richardragon87 »

Post changed:

Offline Mr Parkreiner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 10:20 PM »
man guys - you highjacked the thread  :'( - whatever