Author Topic: Terraonion Mega CD FPGA Cartridge  (Read 9730 times)

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
Re: Terraonion Mega CD FPGA Cartridge
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2019, 10:35 PM »
I don't care what it's called.  If it runs on the original console, doesn't have lag, and loads fairly quickly, I'm in.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2019, 11:17 PM »
I don't care what it's called.  If it runs on the original console, doesn't have lag, and loads fairly quickly, I'm in.

That's the spirit!!
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2019, 12:20 AM »
At least if you going to call it 'emulation' then all forms of flashcarts that use FPGA technology to replicate different hardware, chipsets and 'mappers' are 'emulating'.

Which isn't helpful (and is confusing) to people who are looking for something that isn't the same thing as software based emulation that are on most PCs, Raspberry Pi, clone systems.

Yes even Higan tries to emulate all aspects of hardware, but it does require a very powerful computer to do so, so unless you have a really powerful system it will run with extra lag unlike actual hardware.  But most emulators don't do that.

Lumping it all under 'emulation' just makes it needlessly confusing, where people are trying to understand 'what the difference is'.

I do know it will becoming really interesting when SD2SNES Pro starts supporting onboard Super Gameboy, in other words replicating an entire alternate game system on the FPGA itself, and not just a 'chip'/'mapper' (the original Super Gameboy is gameboy hardware stuffed inside a cartridge with other chips, and its own rom to communicate with the SNES).

Interesting discussion here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/7vjehj/fpgas_arent_magic_an_article_by_the_creator_of/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 12:21 AM by Galron »

Offline krisk77

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2019, 09:04 AM »

Same here.  I don't give a fking toss what it is and what it isn't.  I already own one and it plays CD image's great on my original  MD1/2. 

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2019, 02:06 PM »

Same here.  I don't give a fking toss what it is and what it isn't.  I already own one and it plays CD image's great on my original  MD1/2.

Mad Hatter was asking though. Believe me, I get that question all the time on forums and social media.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2019, 05:43 PM »
Looks like some people received there's. Care to share a short review?
Mega EverDrive x7, EverDrive-GB X7, SD2SNES Original, EZ Flash IV, R4i-SDHC

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2019, 06:07 PM »
Looks like some people received there's. Care to share a short review?
X2, share your thoughts!

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2019, 04:17 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBMZLLHXjKs

From a Prominent Sega-16 Forum Member in Japan

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2019, 05:38 PM »
Can you change/customize the menu skins on a MegaSD?

I know there's no official way on the SD2SNES, but fans figured that one out. I wonder if there is a way on the MegaSD?
Mega EverDrive x7, EverDrive-GB X7, SD2SNES Original, EZ Flash IV, R4i-SDHC

Offline BarbieOnWeed

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2019, 11:12 PM »

I know there's no official way on the SD2SNES, but fans figured that one out. I wonder if there is a way on the MegaSD?
No.

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2019, 12:13 AM »

Not yet, but people have been asking for it (and the SSDS3 menu) to be open source so the community can create skins for them. Alex and neodev are in agreement that it's a good idea and neodev is in the process of cleaning up his code for public release. So expect something soon.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2019, 10:35 PM »

Not yet, but people have been asking for it (and the SSDS3 menu) to be open source so the community can create skins for them. Alex and neodev are in agreement that it's a good idea and neodev is in the process of cleaning up his code for public release. So expect something soon.

Really???  That would be very welcome as I've complained the font and color themes they use are not exactly to my tastes! 

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2019, 02:13 PM »
Its a really good product,it plays absolutly perfekt,here and there small issues thats get fixed by neodev.
I think the price is fine,find a pristine mega cd,much have problems-needs recap or cd drive belt-laser ect...
My mega cd is fine,but for how long???,so glad TO made this.