Author Topic: SD2SNES PRO Video Problems  (Read 4939 times)

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES PRO Video Problems
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2019, 06:22 AM »
Does your old system work with real cartridges? If not it could be 'dirty' or it could be chips going bad... who knows.

Offline RoberMC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 01:48 PM »
Give us some useful info, like Snes revision, installed mods if any, etc.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2019, 05:16 PM »
I finally was able to get another Super Nintendo unit to try out with the SD2SNES PRO and it worked fine on this one. I also tried my old power supply and controllers with the second SNES and it still worked fine. Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong with my original SNES that would cause the the graphics to corrupt when using the SD2SNES PRO?

Did you have the original SD2SNES to try on your SNES?  The most likely culprit are the caps on your console. 

Offline fast eddy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2019, 10:37 PM »
The system does work with a genuine Super Mario World Cartridge. I believe that there are no mods on this unit and the model no. is SNS-001. When I ask for any ideas as to what the problem could be I don't expect any definitive answer, only ideas as to what the problem could be. With out any of you actually seeing and examining the unit that is about all I could expect. Thank you all, for your ideas.

Offline tden85

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2019, 03:32 AM »
I am having the exact same problem. Ever get any resolution on the matter? All of my regular carts work just fine on my SNES. I have the same model as you with the original power adapter. The only problem is with the sd2snes pro cartridge.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2019, 07:29 PM »
Yes, my SNES worked with ALL retail games, but SD2SNES had issues.  It draws more power at a more frequent rate than regular carts.  This exposes weaknesses in the console, such as old caps and potentially failing CPU's.