Author Topic: New Mega Everdrive X7 revision!!  (Read 17091 times)

Offline thgill

• View Profile
Re: New Mega Everdrive X7 revision!!
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2019, 06:48 AM »
I'm not here to promote our stuff, but will answer some questions and correct some misconceptions.

All known save game types are supported. Wily Wars save feature was fixed a week ago.

I'm not sure about the claim of slow save states. I would have to contrast them to the X7 to understand what the comparison is. And since we have 8 slots per game, there is a ton of flexibility there.

Todd of Terraonion

Offline nastc1

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2019, 07:06 AM »
I'm not here to promote our stuff, but will answer some questions and correct some misconceptions.

All known save game types are supported. Wily Wars save feature was fixed a week ago.

I'm not sure about the claim of slow save states. I would have to contrast them to the X7 to understand what the comparison is. And since we have 8 slots per game, there is a ton of flexibility there.

How’s Genesis rom compatibility looking overall? I pre-ordered one already. Excited to try it out in my Mega SG.

Offline thgill

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2019, 07:24 AM »

How’s Genesis rom compatibility looking overall? I pre-ordered one already. Excited to try it out in my Mega SG.

Should be virtually 100%. While we have tested all CD games (JP, USA and EU), we haven’t tested every single rom game yet as there is far too many of them. However we support all known mappers (including crazy Chinese bootlegs). Pier Solar works, both the rom and rom + cd. Also support the large 10megabyte game hacks.

Todd of Terraonion

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2019, 09:21 AM »
thgill. How does it manage saves? Do you have to hit reset button or escape to cartridge menu to dump the saves or does it do some kind of constant real time saves? How does it save without the battery holding your current saves (before its dumped)?

I know with hacked Mega Sg for example you have to reset back to SG's menu for saves to be dumped to the SD.

Offline thgill

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2019, 01:39 PM »
Constant real time saves. No need to press reset.
Todd of Terraonion

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2019, 01:57 AM »

How do you achieve that without risking SD card corruption?
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline thgill

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2019, 04:17 PM »

How do you achieve that without risking SD card corruption?

I think I misspoke with the "constant real time" statement, but this should clear it up:

Game save triggers a backup to ram and a 2 second timer is set. 2 seconds later if no other data has been written then data is transferred from the ram to the ARM and then written to SD card. We can alter this later if something comes up that would need this behavior to be altered.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 04:30 PM by thgill »
Todd of Terraonion

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2019, 06:08 PM »
Thanks for the information thgill.

Is there any updates on the possibility of adding the support for virtua racing?

Also the possibility of adding usb for development?

Also does the Mega Sg handle Super Fighter Team roms? I know quite a few flashcarts, emulators have problems switch those due to how they access save features and other copy protection measures...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 06:23 PM by Galron »

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2019, 07:52 PM »
Really should split Mega SD discussion from this topic.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2019, 08:51 PM »
Or move discussion of a new MegaEverdrive to the mega everdrive thread?

Offline elenion

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2019, 08:52 PM »
Certainly looking forward to Sega CD support on an Everdrive. Though it's a bit of a niche console, many other consoles have a need for a properly managed supply chain (expensive & hard to buy solutions on ps1, saturn, dreamcast...).

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2019, 02:10 AM »
Biggest problem is somee of those other systems require hardware modding to get anything to work, and bypass the region or copy proteciton locks.

Saturn is getting Satiator which should be very nice, works using the video-cd port. No modding.

Dreamcast I think requires modding too, although depending on which model, some are as easy as just copy a disk and it'lll work as there was no copyproteciton on early models.

Offline InnerCircle

• Gamma Irradiated
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2019, 05:49 AM »
This should be stickied for a lot of people to see.

Offline Burt_Lancaster

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Not sure if mega-sd supports eeprom saves, is it? Also seems like mega-sd isn't useful for development due the lac of usb port.

Hi. And what about EPROM saves in Mega ed v2/X7? Unfortunately, I do not find a way of saving a game in Wonder Boy in Monster World...

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6037.0

Offline Davestra

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2020, 12:43 AM »
Have a little faith people. It can be achieved by the big boys of development.