Author Topic: SD2SNES Pro w/ Super NT Issue Help  (Read 1814 times)

Offline ven33

• View Profile
SD2SNES Pro w/ Super NT Issue Help
« on: June 26, 2019, 04:20 AM »
Hey all,

Just got a brand new Super NT and a SD2SNES Pro. Loaded the newest firmware on the SD2SNES Pro, and the menu loads. I then removed the cart from the Super NT, removed the SD card, dropped it into my PC and created a new folder on the SD card root called "ROMS". In this folder I placed the rom files, however when I boot up SD2SNES the menu still remains empty.

Any ideas/thoughts on what I can do here? If you need anything from me to assist just let me know.

Offline ven33

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES Pro w/ Super NT Issue Help
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 03:52 PM »
A quick update.

This morning I decided to remove the 1.10.3 firmware and install the 1.10.1 firmware. This appears to have solved my problem. Will update if anything changes.

Offline ven33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 04:12 PM »
2nd update.

Apparently this issue hasn't gone away. After a few tests on some different games, the menu comes back empty. Resetting does nothing. If I reinstall firmware, the menu will come back working just fine, but then a second off/on leads to the menu being empty again.

Any ideas here?

Offline Terminator2k2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 12:02 AM »
Hi , do you have any pictures of this problem? I had a problem with the menu showing with the header and no roms or osd from the cart  showing

https://youtu.be/24cJhHaIt_0

Wander if this is similar

I reformatted my card and put the roms / firmware back on and all seems fine at the moment

Offline ven33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 01:14 AM »
Literally the exact same thing. When I reformatted and reinstalled the firmware, things worked for 1-2 times and then bam...right back to square one.

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 07:33 AM »
The SD2SNES creates a database of the files it found directly on the SD card to speed up access on successive start up (as a cache).
I wonder if such file is getting "corrupted" in your case and that's the cause of the issue.