Author Topic: I didn't realize you could fix a FAT 0F/Disk IO Error but now you can...  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
As of owning the X5 GBA everdrive I usually ran into the issue where the screen would black out and say either FAT 0F Error or, Disk IO Error which originally I expected this was due to the sheer amount of Super Nintendo games I added to it or the SRM from them. But I just noticed that it seems the device has a huge urge of taking data from any rom that is loaded meaning if you go into the Emusave folder and delete the SRM games (Which will be dozens in there garunteed) it fixes this error without the need to get a new SD card or format it again which likely would work on any everdrive device but in this case the SAVE folder.

I never noticed this until now but it seems the X5 does it to every game played so always check the Emusave folder or whichever folder your device remembers the games you played if this happens.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 12:04 AM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing™ inside
    • View Profile
This is a great trick, I'll keep it in mind if something like that happens.
Thanks.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
This is a great trick, I'll keep it in mind if something like that happens.
Thanks.

No Problem... this usually if not fixed causes a blackout on any game rom loaded almost like the device has fully broken down but am hoping this saves a lot of gamers the need to change SD cards to fix the issue. Also due to what it seems to do the only sram files that do infact save states or same in the GBA X5 is Goomba, PocketNES, SMSAdvance which also includes game gear roms with either their in game save files or just save states and GBA roms with their default ingame saves. While onces such as PCEAdvance, SNESAdvance, Neo Geo do not save even if sram is created after each rom is played.

Thankfully the Emusave folder only contains in game emulators of which games have been booted up, while the GBA saves are separate and it seems on my SD card it could hold a total of 2,025 memory data files of what each game was called before having no space until they were deleted.

What is weird however is NEG Geo Pocket and PC Engine roms do not make sram but as said above it is likely due to the fact they are merged into a in game folder which has multiple games on a single rom so they do not take up space.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 02:03 AM by Richardragon87 »

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline nuu

• View Profile
What is weird however is NEG Geo Pocket and PC Engine roms do not make sram but as said above it is likely due to the fact they are merged into a in game folder which has multiple games on a single rom so they do not take up space.
It might be because PC Engine doesn't save to the cartridge (with two exceptions), but to the internal memory or by using passwords. NEG Geo Pocket also has internal memory but I think games uses battery-backed SRAM or EEPROM for saving. Maybe the emulator is just crappy and doesn't support saving.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
It might be because PC Engine doesn't save to the cartridge (with two exceptions), but to the internal memory or by using passwords. NEG Geo Pocket also has internal memory but I think games uses battery-backed SRAM or EEPROM for saving. Maybe the emulator is just crappy and doesn't support saving.

Or it maybe because no one has found a way to play those games without using a premade game folder with the roms all loaded onto one single file, this also applies to the PC Engine.

Post changed: