Author Topic: the next everdrive?  (Read 341382 times)

Offline Tricky

• View Profile
Re: the next everdrive?
« Reply #315 on: October 06, 2014, 10:02 AM »
There was an improved design VB flashcart in the works, Project VBoot, that was ongoing for a few years but lost steam leading up to late last year. The site where progress was being posted (http://brennanthl.wordpress.com/) has been cleaned off, but a while ago there was some mention from the developer of the possibility of getting in touch with Krikzz to maybe continue work on it, but I guess nothing ever came of it.

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 06, 2014, 02:56 PM »
Well that sucks... they must have thought it was a waste of time :(

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 06, 2014, 05:43 PM »
I'll donate monies to get a VB one going. I'll donate even more monies for a Wonderswan one.

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #318 on: October 06, 2014, 07:16 PM »
I'll donate monies to get a VB one going. I'll donate even more monies for a Wonderswan one.
I assume you know about the one Flavor is working on, though I imagine it'll be like the NeoFlashMasta and only support one or two games at a time. I haven't read all the updates on it since I don't have a WS.
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 07, 2014, 05:43 AM »
I assume you know about the one Flavor is working on, though I imagine it'll be like the NeoFlashMasta and only support one or two games at a time. I haven't read all the updates on it since I don't have a WS.

Yup. I just got tired of constantly checking for WS(C) updates, so I stopped looking right around when he decided to pick it back up again. :P

Offline Dr.wario

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 20, 2014, 01:21 PM »
So the next everdrive after the GBA will be the NEOGEO
can't hardly wait ^^

Offline Fmamarksman

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2014, 01:32 AM »
I think I read somewhere that the Neo Geo is impossible to make a flash cart for. Where did you find this Neo Geo thing? I don't follow Krikzz on twitter so I don't know if that's where he put it. . .
"Father of the four winds fill my sails, cross the sea of years. With no provision, but an open face along the straits of fear."

Offline Tricky

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 21, 2014, 02:01 AM »
Not impossible, just difficult and costly. IIRC a rough estimate for price for it to be worthwhile producing was a $500 minimum per cart. Either way, I've not seen mention of it anywhere, but would like to be proven wrong.

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #323 on: October 21, 2014, 02:06 AM »
I think I read somewhere that the Neo Geo is impossible to make a flash cart for. Where did you find this Neo Geo thing? I don't follow Krikzz on twitter so I don't know if that's where he put it. . .
I assume it's a joke based on how Krikzz has said he had no interest in a GBA ED, and appears to possibly be making one now. Same with the NG. Here's krikzz last word on it that I recall: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1486.msg15443#msg15443
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline Dr.wario

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 21, 2014, 01:17 PM »
Well it's a Joke anyhow, but i would like to buy it if it were released.
Considering it would cost 500$ I would think about it, but it wouldn't take long :-)

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 21, 2014, 02:42 PM »
This "Hunt for the NeoGeo flashcard" make me remember of the  same scenario for the N64 flashcard.
It was one of a Graal ages ago. I can remember some CAO picture of an hypothetic N64 flashcard being in development, a red and green shell.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:20 PM by MockyLock »

Offline Dr.wario

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 22, 2014, 01:27 PM »
Well there will be a Neogeo Flashcard some day,
the question only is When :-) and who will make it ..

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 29, 2014, 08:38 AM »

Offline lord_raymon

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 29, 2014, 01:42 PM »

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 29, 2014, 02:16 PM »
I owuld say that Krikzz is working on another SEGA flashcard. He made Master System, Game Gear, Megadrive/Genesis... It remains Saturn, Dreamcast (i think that SG-1000 games run on the Master System)... and i think, Mega CD :D

EDIT/ well, if i can sum up... Everdrive64 V3, Everdrive GBA coming, And a new Sega one... i'll have to save some money...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:17 PM by MockyLock »