Author Topic: the next everdrive?  (Read 352443 times)

Offline gba4life

• View Profile
Re: the next everdrive?
« Reply #540 on: September 07, 2015, 06:46 AM »
a VB everdrive? are u serious? bet theres only a handfull of people that have working systems, i cant see it ever making any money! the system is too damn expensive for starters and also its crap worst system ever, GBA everdrive is a cart i would like to see happen, theres the supercard and EZflash4 which are both very good but a ED would be great!

Supercard is garbage, and ez flash iv is just too cumbersome. I want that everdrive experience for the gba. The GBA simply is in dire need of a truly easy to use and convenient flash cart that I'm sure Krikzz can provide in due time. Please be soon Krikzz!!! ;D

Offline RetroDanâ„¢

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 07, 2015, 08:51 AM »
I know Krikzz will likely never do so, but I think the Neo Geo is long overdue for some kind of flash-cart.  Prices for the actual games are far beyond absurd, and even if the cart was about $1000 USD, it would be a more than justifiable purchase.  Also, the NG multicarts have too many problems, let alone those of us who prefer the AES to MVS.  I do have a Daedalus converter, and it works well enough, but it's just so...UGLY with that yellow brick sticking out of its side.  This is ignoring, of course, how finicky the converter is (I have to jam a Wii Remote between the AES body and the 161-in-1 cart in order for the graphics and sound not to be garbled - it's a bloody heavy cart held vertically, after all).

A Neo Everdrive and a GBA Everdrive are all that I need to make my life complete.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 07, 2015, 06:13 PM »
a VB everdrive? are u serious? bet theres only a handfull of people that have working systems, i cant see it ever making any money! the system is too damn expensive for starters and also its crap worst system ever, GBA everdrive is a cart i would like to see happen, theres the supercard and EZflash4 which are both very good but a ED would be great!

Supercard is garbage, and ez flash iv is just too cumbersome. I want that everdrive experience for the gba. The GBA simply is in dire need of a truly easy to use and convenient flash cart that I'm sure Krikzz can provide in due time. Please be soon Krikzz!!! ;D
supercard and EZflash4 are both easy to use, supercard is inferior out of the 2 but the NEW EZflash4 is microSD and supports upto 32GB which is a massive improvement over the miniSD 2GB limitation from older carts
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline KalessinDB

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 07, 2015, 09:10 PM »
Darksoft, who has already made two excellent arcade based flash carts, has announced his intent to make a Neo cart eventually, and does plan for it to be usable on the home system too, so we're good there probably.

dvd2vcd, I'm just going to sit here and quietly enjoy the irony of YOU of all people bashing the Virtual Boy.

And while I agree an Everdrive for it would never be commercially viable, I maintain my assertion that it's a great little system and the vast majority of people who bash it have never actually played it.
Attempting a complete NTSC-U NES set.  Sell me your games!
What I've Got.  253/677 licensed games, 39/95 unlicensed games (drawing # from NA's "semi-official" list

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 07, 2015, 09:56 PM »
dvd2vcd, I'm just going to sit here and quietly enjoy the irony of YOU of all people bashing the Virtual Boy.

And while I agree an Everdrive for it would never be commercially viable, I maintain my assertion that it's a great little system and the vast majority of people who bash it have never actually played it.

I've barked up that tree several times. I'm just waiting for 3+ pages or so (being mild on my guess, here) of rebuttal and Jag related stuff from here now.

KRIKzz, wanna chime in for fun?

Offline strider1911

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 08, 2015, 04:28 AM »
GBA Everdrive seems to be the the most logical way to go, that console has a huge fan base and unlike the Neo Geo, this will be way cheaper to produce so it will be affordable to more people.

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 08, 2015, 06:04 AM »
Having read about the EZ-Flash IV MicroSD 2015 edition, I still see it as a klunky, old fashioned solution.  Here are its principal deficiencies :

Needs to flash to NOR Flash for 32MB games, taking several minutes.
78-file limitation per directory
Needs a custom loader program to patch games to work on the card.
No real time clock
Iffy compatibility with Famicom Mini and NES Classic series

Even though the EZ device retails for about $45, I would gladly pay double that for a flash cart that does not have these deficiencies.
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline gba4life

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 08, 2015, 08:00 AM »

Even though the EZ device retails for about $45, I would gladly pay double that for a flash cart that does not have these deficiencies.

Completely agree. I'd also hope to see proper cheat support, unlike the abomination ez-flash iv provides.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 14, 2015, 01:15 AM »
Just to make people aware...i no longer have my jag, i want a virtual boy instead LOL
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 14, 2015, 02:06 AM »
Just to make people aware...i no longer have my jag, i want a virtual boy instead LOL

YOU SICK BASTARD!!
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester - https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkprinny

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 14, 2015, 06:50 AM »
I apologize if this has already bee discussed, but do we know if the upcoming Game Boy Advance Everdrive will be backwards compatible with the Game Boy and Game Boy Color?  I would like to purchase a Game Boy Everdrive, but if I knew that the new GBA ED would support the GB and GBC, I would probably wait.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 14, 2015, 07:23 AM »
The GBA is more advanced so no it wont be
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester - https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkprinny

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 14, 2015, 08:06 AM »
The GBA is more advanced so no it wont be

That's not what I'm asking.  I'm asking if the GBA ED will play GB and GBC games.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 14, 2015, 11:09 AM »
That's not what I'm asking.  I'm asking if the GBA ED will play GB and GBC games.

Unless KRIKzz does some magic, it can be done using the Goomba emulator.

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 14, 2015, 04:25 PM »

Unless KRIKzz does some magic, it can be done using the Goomba emulator.

I typically stay away from emulation, espescially when I have the original hardware. 

So it sounds like I wouldn't be wasting my money to get a Game Boy Everdrive.