Author Topic: the next everdrive?  (Read 327517 times)

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
the next everdrive?
« on: August 16, 2012, 12:13 PM »
hey all, my first post, was just wondering if a jag ED cart would be possible? i know there was skunkboard...but maybe krikkz could make a similar device with a proper SD interface, i think there is a market for jaguar flashcarts and its about time someone made a flashcart for it :)
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: atari jaguar everdrive
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 12:20 PM »
May be at someday, but currently i have no plans to make the cart for jaguar

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 12:35 PM »
ok, thx krikkz, il stay tuned just incase ;) would be a interesting concept :)
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline danilop2k2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 06:11 AM »
Give it a secong thought Krikzz...
We are waiting!

Offline alimadhi

• >:(
    • View Profile
PSX Everdrive
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 09:42 PM »
Hi Krikzz
Can you you make Everdrive for PSX (Playstation) loading ISO from SD card or HDD ?
If you see this silly question delete topic please.

thank you

Offline Retro-Nerd

• View Profile
Re: PSX Everdrive
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 10:59 PM »
There is already a project for this.

http://ps-io.com/

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 11:40 PM »
True, and maybe the PSIO will turn out to be fantastic, but the reason we all want Everdrives (as opposed to similar devices that aren't made by Krikzz) is because with Krikzz you know you'll be getting quality - a well designed, efficient piece of hardware with easy to use software, and after sales service and possible software updates.

Many backup devices turn out to be lacking in compatibility, or features, or reliability, and with little if any after sales service and later additions to the software. Sad but true. But hopefully the PSIO will be as good as the PSX deserves, and we'll be able to play all our favourite PSX games without hassle.

Offline The_Atomik_Punk!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 02:30 AM »
True, and maybe the PSIO will turn out to be fantastic, but the reason we all want Everdrives (as opposed to similar devices that aren't made by Krikzz) is because with Krikzz you know you'll be getting quality - a well designed, efficient piece of hardware with easy to use software, and after sales service and possible software updates.

Many backup devices turn out to be lacking in compatibility, or features, or reliability, and with little if any after sales service and later additions to the software. Sad but true. But hopefully the PSIO will be as good as the PSX deserves, and we'll be able to play all our favourite PSX games without hassle.

This. I'll chime in and say that I too would buy a PSX Everdrive at the drop of a hat, as well as a Sega Saturn Everdrive. I say this not to pester Krikzz (God knows he's busy enough) but rather to let him know that there is indeed a viable market for such projects should he endeavor to make them.

Offline strider1911

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 03:26 AM »
CD based consoles are different because the only hold data while the cartridge based console use the cart as an extension to the motherboard (custom chips), that is why we get compatibility issues. I don't believe the makers of the PSIO will have a compatibility problem at all.

That being said, they are working on it for like forever now. I doubt Krikzz have the time to catch up on their work.

Buttom line I think we should wait until they announce the price of that thing.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:33 AM by strider1911 »

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 07:37 AM »
PSX?

TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester - https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkprinny

Offline Tricky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 09:36 AM »
I wonder why Krikzz hasn't disabled regular users from making threads in the news section...

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 02:54 PM »
I wonder why Krikzz hasn't disabled regular users from making threads in the news section...

yeah. when i first seen psx everdrive posted in the news section i didn't notice right away who started the thread and got exited thinking maybe krikzz had decided to make everdrive for cd based console after all, then i realised it was a question posted in the wrong section lol.
surprised krikzz has not moved this thread to the offtopic section yet. maybe he is busy doing gb/gbc things atm hehe.

Offline Chilly Willy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 10:38 PM »
PSX?

:)

The PSX is what EVERYBODY called the original Playstation until Sony made the PS1 and rebadged the PSX moniker for their PS2 based video system.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 02:16 AM »
too rite. i remember when we all used to call it psx before the psone was released. imagine if sony had called the third generation of sony console psone? how crazy would that have been. just goes to show what the guys at microsoft were smoking when they came up with the xbox one name... genius ain't it.
 considering we have been calling the original xbox 1 since the 360 came out makes it worse. surely those gobshites knew this and decided to mess with us. i just can't get my head around the new console being called abox one. i have renamed it in my own little mind xbox 3 for the sake of sanity.

Offline Hanafuda

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 06:46 AM »
I'd rather have a GBA Everdrive. But I will say this ... when/if someone ever does make a reliable, compatible SD/HDD replacement drive for the Playstation, I will buy it. There is so much stuff on the PSX I'd really love to play, but I never had the patience for it. Load times.