Author Topic: the next everdrive?  (Read 333481 times)

Offline kmksoulja

• View Profile
Re: the next everdrive?
« Reply #600 on: January 07, 2016, 08:47 PM »
that looks amazing. I have a GBA original model with modded backlight that this will go perfectly with.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 07, 2016, 08:58 PM »
It seems to work fine in the video!

One feature I'd like to see for GBA ED is e-reader support (both JP/US), with the possibility to start e-reader cards in GBA games. I don't think my M3 can do that.

Another feature is to be able to boot up to a ROM somehow for being able to GC-GBA link with certain games. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for example, won't link with my M3 since it always boots to the menu. Maybe it's enough to just reset the GBA before booting the ROM like EDGB does though. It's not exactly the same situation as with GBED and N64 Transfer Pak.

Offline gba4life

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 08, 2016, 01:09 AM »
It seems to work fine in the video!

One feature I'd like to see for GBA ED is e-reader support (both JP/US), with the possibility to start e-reader cards in GBA games. I don't think my M3 can do that.

Another feature is to be able to boot up to a ROM somehow for being able to GC-GBA link with certain games. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for example, won't link with my M3 since it always boots to the menu. Maybe it's enough to just reset the GBA before booting the ROM like EDGB does though. It's not exactly the same situation as with GBED and N64 Transfer Pak.

I second this, making it possible for the gba everdrive to link with Gamecube by resetting before booting the rom or another way would be great to see and would make the gba everdrive seem more complete as a flashcart (especially compared to EZ flash). Also I hope to see RTC implemented if it's easy enough (although I consider it even more of a bonus feature than GBA-GC link).

Offline Shadow Link

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 21, 2016, 04:48 AM »
Another Everdrive GBA video was posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLUjMTQFRoc

Looks like there's some new features since last time. Recently Played menu, Swap A/B (yay!), and ROM info. Picking a game from Recently Played seems to do "Select and Start" by default.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 21, 2016, 07:11 AM »
Are you in the home stretch for finishing this ED up soon, KRIKzz?

Offline karl_87

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 21, 2016, 02:21 PM »
Yay for GBA progress! I think loyal forum users should get pre-order access lol  ;)

Offline olsenn

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 21, 2016, 08:33 PM »
I own every one of the Everdrive carts; even ones for systems I don't own. Krikzz, more of my money is as good as yours once you release E-GBA!!!

Offline gojira54

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 21, 2016, 09:54 PM »
RE GBA everdrive - will this support GB/GBC roms so they can be played directly on the GB Micro? That would be excellent...

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 21, 2016, 11:22 PM »
JAGUAR
A
G
U
A
R
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester - https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkprinny

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 22, 2016, 12:58 AM »
JAGUAR
A
G
U
A
R

This would be my first choice AFTER the Game Boy Advance.  ;D
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline KalessinDB

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 22, 2016, 04:42 PM »
RE GBA everdrive - will this support GB/GBC roms so they can be played directly on the GB Micro? That would be excellent...
Pretty sure you can't play it directly on the micro, just like you can't play it directly on a DS, but not positive there. I think the micro is missing chips. Best case scenario you would need an emulator written.
Attempting a complete NTSC-U NES set.  Sell me your games!
What I've Got.  253/677 licensed games, 39/95 unlicensed games (drawing # from NA's "semi-official" list

Offline opt2not

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 22, 2016, 09:53 PM »
Pretty sure you can't play it directly on the micro, just like you can't play it directly on a DS, but not positive there. I think the micro is missing chips. Best case scenario you would need an emulator written.

Goomba is already available for emulating GBC:  http://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php
It's pretty awesome actually.

Offline gba4life

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 23, 2016, 12:04 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kwrz3fW_yE&feature=youtu.be

Guys it's happening!!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kwrz3fW_yE&feature=youtu.be  GBA Everdrive RTC testing. I think the GBA everdrive is going to be a complete product from the start, this is amazing.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline opt2not

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 23, 2016, 12:58 AM »
I think the GBA everdrive is going to be a complete product from the start, this is amazing.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
YES!  I cannot wait!

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 23, 2016, 08:03 PM »
Of course, the real engineering challenge is going to be getting all this functionality this into a GBA sized cartridge that won't suck the batteries dry like a drunk at a beer parade.
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/