Author Topic: the next everdrive?  (Read 327038 times)

Offline Johnny23b

• View Profile
Re: the next everdrive?
« Reply #690 on: November 07, 2016, 11:52 PM »
I just checked out the prizes for the Jaguar and the CD Unit. I can't believe the console itself cost around 200€-300€ and the CD Unit is very very rare for about 700€!!

Offline ttxxaa

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 08, 2016, 11:12 AM »
1- playstation 1 without soldering mod will be great
2- neo geo CD : the console is much cheaper than AES and with sd adapter there will be no concern about the loading time
3- 3do : there is guy make usb host but its expensive and need to send it to him to mod ! ???

Offline KalessinDB

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 09, 2016, 05:45 AM »
I just checked out the prizes for the Jaguar and the CD Unit. I can't believe the console itself cost around 200€-300€ and the CD Unit is very very rare for about 700€!!

Seriously? Shit, I'll sell mine complete with RGB cable and a two in one power adapter for €800 total ise that's the case!
Attempting a complete NTSC-U NES set.  Sell me your games!
What I've Got.  253/677 licensed games, 39/95 unlicensed games (drawing # from NA's "semi-official" list

Offline Johnny23b

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 09, 2016, 11:40 AM »
I don't know if they are getting sold for this price everywhere but those are the "Buy Now" prices on ebay, maybe auction prices will be a lot lower but not many offers when I check on ebay.de and worldwide international sellers.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 10, 2016, 01:11 PM »
jag stuff is getting pricey, and will continue to rise especially when SainT jag SD is released prices will sky rocket!
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 28, 2016, 10:49 PM »
Yea, a Neo Geo CD would be really cool.

A Saturn and DC are already made. So maybe somebody else will do a New Geo CD. I'm not saying Krikzz isn't capable of doing it, but it seems like his expertise is with cartridges.

An MVS/AES seems difficult to do.

He kind of already has all of the main cartridge based systems down, right? I see him revamping or upgrading some of his older carts. Maybe a GBA x7. Or a Super Everdrive with SA-1.
Mega EverDrive x7, EverDrive-GB X7, SD2SNES Original, EZ Flash IV, R4i-SDHC

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 28, 2016, 11:40 PM »
neo geo is just released:neosd:https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php
there is another coming from darksoft.
i own a neosd,just waiting for my consolized mvs,shipped today.
gona buy also 1 for aes.
im just awaiting for the case,i preordered,so i get it as extra because of the preorder.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 11:41 PM by fille1976 »

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 29, 2016, 12:47 AM »
jaguar !  ;D

It's been a long time...
Anyway, it's coming :
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/254003-upcoming-jaguar-sd-cartridge/
im dreading the waiting list for it LOL they not gonna be mass produced just like the lynx SD and theres gonna be quite a few hundred people interested for sure

are you going to buy one?
for sure, plus a few hundred users from atari age will aswell, i really dont know why krikzz didnt get in there while he had the chance, theres a huge following for the jag..

I'm waiting patiently for the Jag SD flash cart as well.  I've been very happy with the Lynx SD flash cart.  I was lucky enough to get on that waiting list "early."
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline Troyus

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 29, 2016, 02:34 AM »
I can't get that neo geo link to work or find the cart
Flash carts: game gear ED, megadrive ED, SNES ED, nintendo64 ED, N8 ED, GB ED, GBA ED, PSIO

Offline dragonblood

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 29, 2016, 03:01 PM »
everdrive neo-geo pocket color, everdrive wonderswan color, everdrive virtualboy

Offline jjoepr

• View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 01, 2016, 11:52 PM »
Well if krikzz would ever decide on doing one for a cd based system I would say dreamcast since both mnemo and I/O are soooo difficult to reach. Mnemonics's already refused krikzz's help for manufacturing I would say take the best of both and design a new unit. Show of hands how many people here still have a dreamcast? I got 3 because people gave them to me. Dreamcast is a popular system. At least I think so. You got a dreamcast krikzz? How about ikari? How about a collaboration between krikzz and ikari to develop a dreamcast unit.

Offline Estil

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 03, 2016, 08:24 PM »
PS1 has to be the first.  While we're on the subject, isn't it possible to have a GC Everdrive of sorts by putting that Homebrew channel sort of deal on the Wii and then using an external hard drive (I think you need at least 2 TB if you want the whole set) for your GameCube isos?  I would try this but I'm afraid I'll end up screwing it up and bricking my Wii and it was a gift from my wife in 2008 so it kinda has sentimental value too. 

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 04, 2016, 08:29 PM »
PS1 has to be the first.  While we're on the subject, isn't it possible to have a GC Everdrive of sorts by putting that Homebrew channel sort of deal on the Wii and then using an external hard drive (I think you need at least 2 TB if you want the whole set) for your GameCube isos?  I would try this but I'm afraid I'll end up screwing it up and bricking my Wii and it was a gift from my wife in 2008 so it kinda has sentimental value too.

Yessir! PS1 first, everything else comes second. Besides, if dr abrasive was able to develop a solderless everdrive for the saturn, so can Krikkz for the PS1. Alternatively,if the team working on POPSTARTER for PS2 polishes it enough, then I might just go with that. PS2 games over USB 1.1 is a complicated matter, but not so much for PS1, which only requires a bandwidth of 300kb/s.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline brooksyx

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 08, 2016, 08:37 PM »

You can use a megadrive and wasp as drive replacement for the gamecube. And then use SWISS as a menu.
NES - EDN8 | SNES - Super ED | Genesis ED-MD | Gameboy - EDGB | N64  - ED64 | Game Geear - Everdrive GG | GBA - EZ-Flash IV| Gamecube - XenoGC & EZ Flash IV | NDSL - R4 wood & EZ Flash 3in1

Offline skaman

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 08, 2016, 10:12 PM »
I'm waiting for the Everdrive that replaces the SEGA CD unit.