Author Topic: the next everdrive?  (Read 334340 times)

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
Re: the next everdrive?
« Reply #735 on: August 25, 2017, 03:23 AM »
Where did you buy the backlit screen ?
Any tutorial ?

Thanks

Stephane
I guess Wolfpacleader is confusing 'backlit' with 'frontlit', I think the mod he talks about involves removing the front light panel from a GBASP AGS-001 and attaching that to the front of the NeoGeo pocket screen.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Enzo1960

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 08, 2017, 06:50 PM »
In my opinion, best way to solve problem with PSX isn't PSIO method, but making an ODE (Optical Drive Emulator), a peripheral like Wasabi 360, or XKey360, that emulate cdrom.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:04 PM by Enzo1960 »

Offline Metro City

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 17, 2017, 11:57 AM »
Ya, for consoles that have an optical drive, best solution it's only is an SD card reader in its place or sata interface for hdd 2.5

the most important issue of "the next everdrive" but a new os that shows the covers of the games?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:59 AM by Metro City »

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 17, 2017, 03:15 PM »
In my opinion, best way to solve problem with PSX isn't PSIO method, but making an ODE (Optical Drive Emulator), a peripheral like Wasabi 360, or XKey360, that emulate cdrom.

Why? Isn't the PSIO functionally the same as an ODE, in that you can play the roms from an SD card or hard drive. If so, then I'd have thought that the PSIO was better than an ODE since the PSIO allows you to still use the disc drive to load games if you choose to. But I've never used either a PSIO or an ODE (I don't have a Playstation) so there are probably other factors that I'm unaware of.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 17, 2017, 05:51 PM »
PSIO functionality and compatibility is pretty darn good.  Yes it requires a pesky micro-board to be soldered onto the MB, and No they haven't developed it for PS One consoles yet.  It's a pretty good price IMO. 

There IS a NGP Color flash cart, it's made by RetroHQ from the UK. 

I will say I think Krikzz is missing the boat sail by if he does not get in on optical drive systems. 

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 18, 2017, 06:16 PM »
I will say I think Krikzz is missing the boat sail by if he does not get in on optical drive systems.

Totally. Considering his love for the Mega Drive in particular, I'm incredibly surprised he isn't interested in tackling a Mega CD solution.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 18, 2017, 08:54 PM »
It's just a matter of time for the MegaCD ODE made by Krikzz  ;D
Also Krikzz can't do everything when there are skilled people already making ODEs for CD based consoles AND meeting the demand for those products (at least in the PSIO case).
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Theta55

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 18, 2017, 11:47 PM »
I hope krikkz makes a everdrive for the neo geo's and neo geo pocket. The flash drives we have now are hilla expensive and I don't want something I have to wait 4 min for a game to get into memory. Atari systems would be nice to. I think that is worked on already by someone else. DOn't know much about them thou.
Just for laffs the 3ds when it get discontinued.

Offline Mister Xiado

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 08, 2017, 02:55 AM »
I'm down with an Atari cart, but it's an even more microscopic market than there is for the Game Gear, I guess. As for the 3DS, why would you need a flash cart for a system that can be softmodded literally right out of the box?

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 08, 2017, 03:55 PM »
I hope krikkz makes a everdrive for the neo geo's and neo geo pocket. The flash drives we have now are hilla expensive and I don't want something I have to wait 4 min for a game to get into memory.

I know, it's amazing (to me, at least) that they'd do it that way, instead of using RAM chips for instant copying. Especially considering the cost of the flash cartridge (more than $400, if I remember correctly).

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 08, 2017, 07:04 PM »
Super sd system 3 is coming out,ordered today.

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 10, 2017, 02:28 AM »

Well, that's just awesome. Didn't have any idea this was being developed, let alone completed and already in production. Don't have to wait for Deunan to make one now, either.

Offline Theta55

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 10, 2017, 02:49 AM »
Nice I was thinking in getting a turbo graphics with a everdrive for the hell of it. With this thing I get everything. Kinda expensive thou. From the video I watched he was testing the prototype and said that it won't work with turbo graphics cuz the housing won't fit but his was working cause it didn't have housing. I don't have the system yet so may as well get the pc engine, plays every regan anyways. Hope I don't have power issue's thou here in America's.
It also plays cd games, super cd and arcade games with any type of system. So Im good with the original system. I think.

Thou I am waiting for the super nt and see what the jailbrake for it has to offer. Maybe it will have that system also, thou I dought the cd games will be in. Just a thought. Till February.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:05 AM by Deltax5 »

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 10, 2017, 04:21 PM »
I think the only system it isnt working with is a pal turbo grafx,but everything is up at there website.

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 12, 2017, 10:34 AM »
The NeoSD I think is pretty decent from the reviews I saw. And $500.00 is a steep price, but well worth it considering most game on the AES worth playing go for $250+.

If Krikzz were to develop a Neo AES Flashcart could he do it without the 2-6 minute load times to boot the games? I thought there was no other way around it since the AES uses Flash RAM?

Anyway, I think Krikzz should try his luck with a SegaCD-SD. Not to say he can't do a Dreamcast-SD or Saturn-SD, but the Rhea and GDEMU are already up and running and have most of the market.

EDIT: If Krikzz is going to get into the Saturn, I think he should try to partner with Professor Abrasive and make those things (believe they are going to be called Saturn Satiator). Sort of like he did with Ikari and the SD2SNES?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:11 AM by Mad Hatter »
Mega EverDrive x7, EverDrive-GB X7, SD2SNES Original, EZ Flash IV, R4i-SDHC