Author Topic: the next everdrive?  (Read 327490 times)

Offline Bratwurst

• View Profile
Re: the next everdrive?
« Reply #750 on: December 14, 2017, 03:39 PM »
Anyway, I think Krikzz should try his luck with a SegaCD-SD. Not to say he can't do a Dreamcast-SD or Saturn-SD, but the Rhea and GDEMU are already up and running and have most of the market.

The Rhea/GDEMU stuff is difficult to purchase as the seller refuses to scale up production. But given that everything Krikzz sells is pretty much plug and play, I can't expect he will want to jump into the 'open your console to stuff this inside' market.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 15, 2017, 04:08 PM »
Is the Gamecube the most modern console that has a ODE/sort of Everdrive thing available? I know the original XBox, PS2, and (I've heard) the Wii can be softmodded to run games from a hard drive (or SD card in the Wii), but what about the XBox 360, PS3, or Wii-U?

I don't believe that any console that still has commercial games coming out for it should have an Everdrive/ODE type device for it, as it would encourage piracy, but any machine that is commercially dead can't lose money for it's creator (since no money is being made by Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo by the sale of games for that console) so I'd like to see such devices available for all commercially dead consoles.

Offline elenion

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 16, 2017, 05:50 PM »
PS3 and WiiU are broken, ie you can softmod them to pirate. WiiU and 3ds are so broken you can download games straight from Nintendo themselves, haha.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 17, 2017, 04:54 PM »
Super sd system 3 is coming out,ordered today.
yes this is gonna replace my turbo ED v2. simply cant pass on CD support and on board RGB out!
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline djsheep

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 15, 2018, 09:39 PM »
Just wondering if the GG Everdrive will make it into the "X" series, or will the next batch be the standard ones on offer?

Thanks for all the hard work Krikzz...

Offline Captain N

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 19, 2018, 09:55 PM »
Super sd system 3 is coming out,ordered today.
yes this is gonna replace my turbo ED v2. simply cant pass on CD support and on board RGB out!

Shame it's not compatible with TurboGrfx-16. Seem a little silly considering all the other stuff it can do

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 20, 2018, 01:25 AM »
Shame it's not compatible with TurboGrfx-16. Seem a little silly considering all the other stuff it can do

As far as I'm aware it works just fine on a TG16. The shell doesn't fit properly, but loosen the screws a bit and it fits.

https://youtu.be/q34Bwd6e_Jc?t=6m2s

Offline Captain N

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 30, 2018, 10:09 PM »

As far as I'm aware it works just fine on a TG16. The shell doesn't fit properly, but loosen the screws a bit and it fits.

https://youtu.be/q34Bwd6e_Jc?t=6m2s
Very useful to know :)
It really does make you wonder why they didn't make a more elegant solutions that would make it fit both models tho?

Offline BRNexus

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 10, 2018, 12:45 AM »
The NeoSD I think is pretty decent from the reviews I saw. And $500.00 is a steep price, but well worth it considering most game on the AES worth playing go for $250+.

If Krikzz were to develop a Neo AES Flashcart could he do it without the 2-6 minute load times to boot the games? I thought there was no other way around it since the AES uses Flash RAM?

Anyway, I think Krikzz should try his luck with a SegaCD-SD. Not to say he can't do a Dreamcast-SD or Saturn-SD, but the Rhea and GDEMU are already up and running and have most of the market.

EDIT: If Krikzz is going to get into the Saturn, I think he should try to partner with Professor Abrasive and make those things (believe they are going to be called Saturn Satiator). Sort of like he did with Ikari and the SD2SNES?

Or you can just order the Neo-Geo Flash Cart from DarkSoft that uses Ram instead of Flash.  Loads games way quicker.

Offline Brachabre

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 09, 2018, 01:33 PM »
Can't wait till the 3DS naturally comes to an end and wish Krikzz will come out with a DS family of Everdrives to rule them all! ;D

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 09, 2018, 03:30 PM »
Or you can just order the Neo-Geo Flash Cart from DarkSoft that uses Ram instead of Flash.  Loads games way quicker.

Terraonion announced the NEOSD Pro a few days ago which can use both RAM and flash, and it'll be out very soon. I'd much rather go with them than DarkSoft.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?274221-NEOSD-PRO-The-New-Terranonion-Neo-Geo-Product-March-2018&p=4277349&viewfull=1#post4277349

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 09, 2018, 04:56 PM »
All those that buyed that crap from darksoft,this will function like it should be.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 12, 2018, 03:40 PM »
The Rhea/GDEMU stuff is difficult to purchase as the seller refuses to scale up production. But given that everything Krikzz sells is pretty much plug and play, I can't expect he will want to jump into the 'open your console to stuff this inside' market.

Well the Satiator (should it ever be released) would not require Saturn modification.  However, I would agree that beyond that, he should stick to plug n play stuff.

Is the Gamecube the most modern console that has a ODE/sort of Everdrive thing available? I know the original XBox, PS2, and (I've heard) the Wii can be softmodded to run games from a hard drive (or SD card in the Wii), but what about the XBox 360, PS3, or Wii-U?

I don't believe that any console that still has commercial games coming out for it should have an Everdrive/ODE type device for it, as it would encourage piracy, but any machine that is commercially dead can't lose money for it's creator (since no money is being made by Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo by the sale of games for that console) so I'd like to see such devices available for all commercially dead consoles.

You can use the Action Replay Pro on the Gamecube to run stuff off an SD card.  SWISS is currently the best app for that, and runs most Gamecube games. 

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 24, 2018, 02:50 PM »
You can use the Action Replay Pro on the Gamecube to run stuff off an SD card.  SWISS is currently the best app for that, and runs most Gamecube games.

Yes,  which sucks due to compatibility with sd cards,  complicated setup,  and the fact that you have to boot to it with a disc.  What happens when all lenses fail? This market is obviously untapped and ready for the first everdrive to hit the market.  Krikzz could do either this or sega cd and win the market over.

He could also join forces with prof.  Abrasive,  who is looking for a partner.  I'll DM him about it.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 25, 2018, 12:21 AM »
Don't see much point in a GC ODE when you can have a softmodded Wii with Nintendont. The only things currently missing with it are broadband adapter emulation and the Game Boy player.