Author Topic: Goomba Color Packs & Other Beginner Questions  (Read 916 times)

Offline moonchilddave

• View Profile
Goomba Color Packs & Other Beginner Questions
« on: July 21, 2019, 07:52 PM »
I just recently got my Everdrive X5 from Stone Age Gamer and am loving it.  Killing myself for not getting the deluxe version, as a manual would have been nice to have - but I figured I could download a PDF somewhere... wrong.  Oh well.

I've got all the emulators installed, and just finished downloading Smokemonster's Everdrive packs.  I noticed with the GBA pack he included several Goomba Color Packs.  Only thing is, I'm not sure where to place these and what the directory name should be so they get used.  Could some kind soul let me know?

This may be a dumb question... but is there a way to get back to the menu once in a game (or is the only solution to power cycle the GBA)?

Also, I'm considering purchasing a GB X7 Everdrive to use with my GBA (so I can avoid emulation)... but recently ran across this article.  Would using the GB X7 on the Advance be subject to this issue?  My understanding is the GBA uses a 3.3V supply, so I imagine the answer is no, but I don't know if the GBA has multiple supply voltages.  I'm an electronics tech, so I totally understand and appreciate where he is coming from with this article.

https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/05/the-dangers-of-3-3v-flash-in-retro-consoles/

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 07:54 PM by moonchilddave »

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Re: Goomba Color Packs & Other Beginner Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 10:03 PM »
I go by these directories after the GBA ones and of course a lot of them are unofficial but I decided to make them easier to access too...

3 Hudson PC Engine & NEC TurboGrafx-16 *These can be found in the emulators folder. Just categorize them as you would do it*

3 Nintendo Game Boy & Game Boy Color

3 Nintendo NES & Famicom

3 Sega Game Gear

3 Sega Master System & SG-1000

3 Super Famicom & Super Nintendo *This is half made in the emulators called SNESAdvance though I intend to fix this one up better*

3 SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color *This kind of is complete and just needed a better folder layout to add this emulators area to it*

4 Beta, Prototypes, Revisions

4 Color Restorations

4 Game Series Collections

4 Hacks

4 Homebrew

4 Translations

5 Tools & Service Test Carts

6 Unlisted Development Projects *Likely where I make SNESAdvance games and check out new rom hacks and the such*
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 10:13 PM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
Re: Goomba Color Packs & Other Beginner Questions
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 02:16 PM »
I just recently got my Everdrive X5 from Stone Age Gamer and am loving it.  Killing myself for not getting the deluxe version, as a manual would have been nice to have - but I figured I could download a PDF somewhere... wrong.  Oh well.

I've got all the emulators installed, and just finished downloading Smokemonster's Everdrive packs.  I noticed with the GBA pack he included several Goomba Color Packs.  Only thing is, I'm not sure where to place these and what the directory name should be so they get used.  Could some kind soul let me know?

This may be a dumb question... but is there a way to get back to the menu once in a game (or is the only solution to power cycle the GBA)?

Also, I'm considering purchasing a GB X7 Everdrive to use with my GBA (so I can avoid emulation)... but recently ran across this article.  Would using the GB X7 on the Advance be subject to this issue?  My understanding is the GBA uses a 3.3V supply, so I imagine the answer is no, but I don't know if the GBA has multiple supply voltages.  I'm an electronics tech, so I totally understand and appreciate where he is coming from with this article.

https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/05/the-dangers-of-3-3v-flash-in-retro-consoles/

There is another sticky thread where krikzz has already pronounced himself on the 3.3v subject, but long story short: all of his everdrives now have voltage level translators. The only exception being the mega everdrive x7 and krikzz is already planning its replacement.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO

On my wishlist:
Everdrive GBA - EDGB X3 - Saturn Satisfier