Author Topic: Opinions on Professor Abrasive's Saturn Satiator (Sega Saturn Flash Cart)?  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile
I'm sure you all have heard about this one, but I never seen anybody talk about it on here?

What do you guys think of it? You think it will live up to the hype? Or do you think there will be issues? What do you think the cost will be?

To me, it's definitely more appealing then the Saturn Rhea & Phoebe.

His last update was on June 3rd where he was talking about the shell design.
Mega EverDrive x7, EverDrive-GB X7, SD2SNES Original, EZ Flash IV, R4i-SDHC

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
It should be a great product, IF he ever releases it.  The guy is extremely meticulous and his personal affairs often delay him.  I don't think he's sent out beta's yet. 

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile
It should be a great product, IF he ever releases it.  The guy is extremely meticulous and his personal affairs often delay him.  I don't think he's sent out beta's yet.
I think he will eventually get it released within the next 2 years. He's already made it this far. And the thing looks like it loads and plays games just fine. He can make a lot of money with this one.

But I'm worried about how much will he have available at release. There's going to be a large demand and his project has been monitored by thousands for the last 5 years. The Rhea and Phoebe had this issue.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
I think he will eventually get it released within the next 2 years. He's already made it this far. And the thing looks like it loads and plays games just fine. He can make a lot of money with this one.

But I'm worried about how much will he have available at release. There's going to be a large demand and his project has been monitored by thousands for the last 5 years. The Rhea and Phoebe had this issue.

The one thing I would NOT be worried about is quantity.  He's had mass production as a major part of his plan, which includes developing a testing system that a 3rd party supplier could use to build units.  That would obviously also make it easier to distribute worldwide, as he is way down in Australia.  As for the timing, I'm really not sure anymore.  He just doesn't get very much done with this anymore.  He's been at this point for a couple years and has made very little progress.  It's not a technical issue or anything, just time.  His last update spoke about the cold, and how this would slow him down.  I'm fairly certain there's nowhere in Australia that gets close to cold and snowy as it does in US/Canada or Europe.  Just odd. 

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile

The one thing I would NOT be worried about is quantity.  He's had mass production as a major part of his plan, which includes developing a testing system that a 3rd party supplier could use to build units.  That would obviously also make it easier to distribute worldwide, as he is way down in Australia.  As for the timing, I'm really not sure anymore.  He just doesn't get very much done with this anymore.  He's been at this point for a couple years and has made very little progress.  It's not a technical issue or anything, just time.  His last update spoke about the cold, and how this would slow him down.  I'm fairly certain there's nowhere in Australia that gets close to cold and snowy as it does in US/Canada or Europe.  Just odd.

Well that's good to hear. I remember the Rhaes and GDEMUs being prone to scalpers.

I read some stuff on other forums that some patrons got betas?

Yea, the "cold" does sound odd in Australia. Unless he was somewhere else. Sounds like anything can set this guy offtrack.

I've been putting some Sega Saturn purchases off, like the Rhae, a cracked Action Replay, etc., in hopes of the Satiator being released. My modchipped Saturn with burnt games is running games ok, but who knows for how long.

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile
How much do you guys think the Satiator will go for? My guess is $350.00

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
I think even the PSIO was cloned recently.  Chinese will clone anything they get their hands on.  Prof Abrasive did say the other day, his work on logistics and distribution is taking up his time right now. 

The price will be in the $150 range I think, maybe less.  He's made this point over and over again.

Offline wolfpacleader1986

• View Profile
There's a RHEA Clone? Since when and where can I get one?

Offline Assman

• View Profile

It's a completely different product, not a clone (it plugs into the video card slot, so no removal or modifying of existing hardware is necessary). It's also not out yet: https://www.patreon.com/prof_abrasive

Offline Relikk

• View Profile

I don't believe there are clones of the Saturn ODE's, only the GDEMU.

Offline Thomu

• View Profile
I think even the PSIO was cloned recently.  Chinese will clone anything they get their hands on.
Source?
Own:EDN8|SD2SNESPRO|SD2SNES|MegaEDV2|MasterEDX7|EDGBX7|EDGBAX5(x2)|ED64X7|ED64V3|ED64V2.5|PSIO(x2)|GDEMU|USBGDROM|Phoebe(x2)|WaspFusion(x3)|NGPSD(x2)|LynxSD|JagSD|EDGB|Flashboy+|SSDS3|NeoSDPro|EZFlashOmega(x3)|EDMDclone|GDEMUclone
Ordered:MegaSD
To buy:EDN8PRO|EDGBAX7|EDGGX7|MultiBoy32|LynxSDSlim

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing™ inside
    • View Profile
The price will be in the $150 range I think, maybe less.  He's made this point over and over again.
IF it ever gets released and at this price, I think it will be a great success.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
I think even the PSIO was cloned recently.  Chinese will clone anything they get their hands on.
Source?

Discussion is on the PSIO official web forum.  Obviously I don't advise buying a knock off.

Offline Thomu

• View Profile
Source?

Discussion is on the PSIO official web forum.  Obviously I don't advise buying a knock off.
I have 2 so i wasn't planning on doing that. I was just curious where that was said. :P
Own:EDN8|SD2SNESPRO|SD2SNES|MegaEDV2|MasterEDX7|EDGBX7|EDGBAX5(x2)|ED64X7|ED64V3|ED64V2.5|PSIO(x2)|GDEMU|USBGDROM|Phoebe(x2)|WaspFusion(x3)|NGPSD(x2)|LynxSD|JagSD|EDGB|Flashboy+|SSDS3|NeoSDPro|EZFlashOmega(x3)|EDMDclone|GDEMUclone
Ordered:MegaSD
To buy:EDN8PRO|EDGBAX7|EDGGX7|MultiBoy32|LynxSDSlim

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
IF it ever gets released and at this price, I think it will be a great success.

I'm crossing my fingers that he meant Australian dollars.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO

On my wishlist:
Everdrive GBA - EDGB X3 - Saturn Satisfier