Author Topic: Mega Everdrive x3  (Read 245 times)

Offline FIZZUU

• View Profile
Mega Everdrive x3
« on: August 09, 2019, 01:11 AM »
Hi, I wanted to know if you can help me with my mega everdrive x3, used in a megadrive console model 1 (BDM5 VA4 board version). The problem is that most games freeze and in a few cases they restart 2 times and after playing a few seconds or minutes they freeze. I have a model 1 genesis and my everdrive x3 works without problems. Test with individual games and they work without problems. Is it possible that there is incompatibility with some models the megadrive model 1?
I hope you can help me with this problem  :'(

I made the diagnosis in the cartridge and did not present any error...

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing™ inside
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Everdrive x3
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 10:20 PM »
Yep. It's possible that the Everdrive is incompatible with some Genesis/Megadrive models. Recently some people have posted here about that, search in the forum.
And so I go fast.

Offline FIZZUU

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 01:33 AM »
Thanks, I had read about people who got a lot of everdive x3 that had a resistor and a capacitor exchanged. But my pcb is not the same as that of that lot that had come out with that fault, I tried to search and I did not find people who have the same problem with the Japanese megadrive version. With other Genesis that I have there is no problem.

Offline FIZZUU

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 04:56 AM »
Reviewing the post about the incompatibility of everdrive x3 (in my case). I begin to think that there is an incompatibility in the first megadrive (Japanese) pcb that do NOT have the legend "Produced by or under license from Sega Enterprises Ltd." If I remember correctly it is the first version that came out in Japan ... the model in question is IC bdm5 VA4.
photo taken from segaretro.org

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 06:32 PM »
There is a bulletin from Sega about VA4 compatibility fixes for the 32x, maybe those can help with the Everdrive.

Offline FIZZUU

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 09:27 PM »
the problem is not 32x (I don't have) the problem is the incompatibility with most mega everdrive x3 games with the japanese model 1 mega drive, which has a pc model bdm 5 VA4 IC ...

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 12:42 AM »
The fixes are for the 32x, but it can or cannot help the Everdrive to work. It worth a try, worst that can happen is have a more reliable system.

Offline FIZZUU

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 01:37 AM »
Could you tell me the name of the bulletin? Since I have searched many pages for a solution, among which I saw that they recommend installing a version earlier than 3.07 megabytes, but trying several previous versions none gives a possible solution.

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 08:01 AM »
The assembler games forum, it is a Sega service manual Bulletin to fix a compatibility problem when playing a game with the 32x.

It requires soldering.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p00b6akf47jlt0z/Sega%2032X%20service%20bulletin%20A4.tif

Edit:
Complete one, only focus on the VA4 model 1 console part.
https://console5.com/techwiki/index.php?title=File:Sega_32X_Service_Bulletins.pdf
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 08:18 AM by Marteicos »