Author Topic: SimCity 64 for Everdrive 64 Translation  (Read 714 times)

Offline CLChambers00

• View Profile
SimCity 64 for Everdrive 64 Translation
« on: August 12, 2019, 02:16 AM »
I was reading about being able to play SimCity on the N64 here: https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6982.0

Since it has not been posted on for the last 120 days a new post was recommended. I was able to find a rom called NUD-DSCJ-JPN_clean_oz_fixed_RTC.n64 that does play on the Everdrive 64 but it is all in Japanese and was not sure how to patch this particular rom or if there is a different rom I should be using. I got the rom from here if I remember correctly: https://64dd.org/dumps_p.html

"Patches apply to the v1.1 cart hack and the original disk dump." Yet is there a link to this hack or a way to create it so it works with the v0.6.36 patch? I tried using this patch with Beat since it works with bps files but it always causes an error. Any direction would be helpful since I would like to play this version of the game. Thank you!

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Re: SimCity 64 for Everdrive 64 Translation
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 03:04 AM »
I recommend using Floating IPS for patching ROMs with my hacks.  You'll find steps for it here:

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5281.0

Specifically under How to Patch a ROM, Section 3 where it talks about applying the patch.  Beat might do just fine now though because...

As you can see, I've updated my patches to match the ROMs that are out there.  I specifically downloaded the latest version from LuigiBlood's site so the patches should be good now.  Let me know if not.

Oh, and thank you CLChambers00 for letting me know!
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive64 3.0, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline CLChambers00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 03:41 AM »
The patch was now successfully added with the rom I downloaded using Beat. Thank you so much for your help! While not all of the Japanese text is translated it looks very playable and I look forward to messing with it very soon.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 05:22 AM »
Awesome!  Yeah, there is still a lot to translate.  krom gave it a good start with translating most of the Dr. Wright introduction text.  I did my best trying to match things to earlier Sim Cities, but there's a lot of text that's only in this game.  If there are any translators out there interested in working on it, let me know :)  I think I posted the text that still needs translating.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren

Offline CLChambers00

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 08:27 AM »
Would it be possible for you to post that text that still needs to be translated here?

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 03:58 PM »
Text to translate
New Text to Translate plus File List: here
Note: this does not include text in texture format such as menu text.

Tools
RLE Compressor/Decompressor
Texture Descrambler (flipper)
Other

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 09:39 PM »
Sweet would love to see this finished.

Offline CLChambers00

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 12:39 AM »
From line 154

地形の造成や木などの設置を行う\LineBreak\ツールです。\End\ means = A tool for creating topography and setting up trees.

This is basic Google Translate. I am curious if we just drop all this text onto a web page and google will just translate it all.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 12:42 AM by CLChambers00 »

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 03:09 AM »
I'm avoiding Google Translate.  It works alright in small localized places, but if you replace the whole text, it's pretty bad.  I did that with Shiren when it was just me working on it.  It was good for testing out the hack I'd done, but the game wasn't very playable.

I'd prefer to have an actual translator if I'm going to put the extra time and effort into hacking the text in.