Author Topic: DS Games with Rumble Pak support...  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Galron

• View Profile
DS Games with Rumble Pak support...
« on: August 17, 2019, 11:01 PM »
I've gone over several lists online, while I think most are correct... The ones I can't seem to find evidence of any rumble features include;

Sonic Rush (also tested Sonic Rush AD, in case the list was mixed up on which version). For life of me I can't get any action from the cartridge. Note I only tested the US version of the game, maybe there is something added to Europe or Japanese versions? I would have expected if it was working one would feel bumps when hitting bumpers or enemies at least. But I played through a couple of levels and felt nothing. Unless there is a hidden options menu I can't think of any way to turn it on if it actually includes rumble. The main options menu does not have anything remotely related to Rumble.

Some lists/forum discusions list Hoops 3 on 3... most lists do not... This one most likely doesn't have any rumble support.

Bowser's Inside Story, supposedly at least Japanese version, possibly European version, and Korean version are supposed to have rumble pak support (people claim its removed from the US version at least). After testing the roms though I find no evidence of rumble, and no way to turn rumble off or on.  In the previous game in the series, if you had rumble pak loaded up, an extra menu item would appear on the title screen let you change the options for the rumble pak... Rumble was pretty noticeable throughout.

Unless I'm really missing something I think lists might be wrong about Bowser's Inside Story. Some lists don't list it at all which might also be an indication that its no actually a Rumble Game in any region.

If anyone knows more about rumble games and I've somehow missed how to activate rumble or when I would expect to feel rumble, let me know?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 09:02 PM by Galron »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Re: DS Games with Rumble Pak support...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 06:25 PM »
Well I definitely think the lists are wrong. I've double checked trying to find box art for some of these games. Sonic Rush definitely doesn't have the 'rumble pak' icon listed on it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 09:02 PM by Galron »