Author Topic: Master Everdrive Black screen  (Read 231 times)

Offline GTi_bel

• View Profile
Master Everdrive Black screen
« on: September 06, 2019, 07:32 PM »
I've been searching half a day already on two issues with my Everdrives: Everdrive MD and Master Everdrive (07/02/2011 v1.1).
This topic concerns the Master Everdrive.
Ordered in 2016 but never really tested it. Up until now.
I always have a black screen.
I've tested it with 2 different SMS (SMS II and I), 3 different SD cards (incl. the one I use for almost every other Everdrive in my collection; so it works), RF out/RGB out and all my original do show up and play; even without SD card I have nothing but black screen.
It's damn hard to find any useful information on how to set up 'older' Everdrives; certainly this Master one.
I've put the os-v9.mso in every possible folder I logically find out: root, SMS, EDSMS, EDSM, OS but no luck....grrr
Pushed UP or DOWN + key 1+2; no luck
Is this thing DOA or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline GTi_bel

• View Profile
Re: Master Everdrive Black screen
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:26 PM »
LOL
I had a dream last night.... Why don't you try to insert the Everdrive the other side. Because the pins are both sides the same. And guess what...then it worked  ::)
I am a dumbass... but ... hey... no manuals and this way now the SD label is the other side , so a bit unlogical. And I have the version with no shell. Original games can only be inserted in one way so I never saw the light to flip the Everdrive.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:28 PM by GTi_bel »

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing™ inside
    • View Profile
Re: Master Everdrive Black screen
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 04:32 AM »
You were lucky you didn't fry your Everdrive or your console. :o
And so I go fast.