Author Topic: Doom 64 ROM Patches  (Read 660 times)

Offline Immorpher

• View Profile
    • YouTube Page
Doom 64 ROM Patches
« on: December 05, 2020, 01:57 AM »
I have been collecting Doom 64 ROM patches which can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q22u52zz7d8d13p/AAAV5GAQWGUGHD6ruS_-xGVpa?dl=0

One of the patches by Elfor for US 1.0 converts the original Doom 64 ROM to RE1. RE1 is the first compilation of the reverse engineered version of Doom 64, which lets you disable the 3-point texture filtering via the features menu. This password should enable the features menu on the first level: BXR8 9BJ6 68XT 1VK? , where after you can go back to the main menu if you want to play at a different difficulty. Elfor also has a RE1 patch to enable the features menu automatically as well.

The readme links to a couple websites to apply the patches. If anyone has more patches to donate, let me know and I will gladly add them with credit given of course.

Offline IRL Random Hajile

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Doom 64 ROM Patches
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 02:59 AM »
Sweet! I'm gonna have to give this a try. Question though, is there also an .ips patch meant for Doom 64 RE1 that maximizes the Brightness setting by default?
"BH75001, Random Hajile... that's
R-A-N-D-O-M H-A-J-I-L-E."

Offline Immorpher

• View Profile
    • YouTube Page
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 06:04 AM »
Not that I know of yet! Which means you will need to bump up the brightness slider when you play. From what I remember Elfor took the slider bytes from the European version, which had the slider at the max by default, and patched it over to the US version. That could be done again eventually! Or perhaps the source code could be edited now and recompiled which has these optimum settings set by default, and a patch generated.

Offline IRL Random Hajile

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 06:21 AM »
Ahh, I see! I've tested it out for a bit, and whoa... I love the unfiltered textures and features menu in Doom 64 RE1 so far!
Hopefully there will be an upcoming patch for Reverse Engineered to have the Brightness slider be set to Max as the default behavior so that the player doesn't have to do so themselves every time they launch the game. It'll make it more convenient.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 06:23 AM by IRL Random Hajile »
"BH75001, Random Hajile... that's
R-A-N-D-O-M H-A-J-I-L-E."